ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black car owners

BMW M135i
Never again, as already said it shows every mark, scratch and dirt. Looks brilliant after you've cleaned it until you drive it anywhere.

clio 2 phase 1 172
i have two black cars at the mo.........beautiful but a nightmare too clean!!!

worth it though:star:.......

Attachments

• IMG_05171111.JPG
    IMG_05171111.JPG
    426.5 KB · Views: 26
  PHS 1 172 SILVER
yes! there the best in black they do get dirty alot quicker in black but i used to clean mine every other day but now its just once a week lol

clio
if you can be arsed cleanin it its worth it. black always looks good when its cleaned! so have to agree with batman but it is a b**ch to keep clean ps that leon looks well!

b/g 182, meg tourer
yes i would without a doubt. black cars always look the best when clean, the fact that they get dirty so easy makes you look after them and clean them more :)

yep, most def, if you can't be arsed to clean it, you don't deserve it imo...

DSC00245.jpg

I too had a black LCR 225 for 30 months until May this year :) Black looks great if you clean your car every week and more importantly it is garaged. I personally will never get another black car . The LCR has really weak black paint and shows swirls at will. You really need to hand wash black cars, jet washing just adds more swirls, especially the commercial 'taleban' hand wash places that seem to be springing up all over the place these days using industrial jet washers. You can spend hours cleaning a black car and it's dirty instantly.

Ultra Red Clio 197
I love my black car! though as others have said... they're hard to keep clean. I washed mine yesterday, and havent driven it, thought it rained during the night and this morning I may as well noth bothered. Looks a mess again!!

But wouldnt change it to any other colour regardless of the above...

Pic below was before I painted the calipers

Attachments

• DSC00025 (Small).JPG
    DSC00025 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00111 (Small).JPG
    DSC00111 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00031 (Small).JPG
    DSC00031 (Small).JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 19
  Chocolate Bar™
i'd never buy another black car to be honest. not so much the fact it always looks dirty, but more because it shows any scratches any door dents are exaggerated summit shocking which is a massive concern when you have to park in a public car park like me.

clio cup
my golf looked fantastic in black after 14 years.
my blue clio doesnt look half as good and its only 4 years old so i guess it depands on the quality of the car

Mercedes C Class Sport
i have two black cars at the mo.........beautiful but a nightmare too clean!!!

worth it though:star:.......
Someones moulded vents onto your bonnet, repsrayed it and put it back together overnight mate...find out who did this!

172 Cup (Iceberg)
I've had 2 black cars. A Citroen and a Peugeot. At the time i hated cleaning them even though they looked good after and i couldn't wait to get shot of them. Now i've got a silver car i want a black one again. Does that make sense??

Clio 172 mk2
would you recomend a black car...

No....don't do it unless you have serious amounts of time on your hands to cloean it and remove scratches etc.

I've owned a couple of blck cars....lovely when clean/waxed but shows every scuff & piece of dirt.

BG 182
I've just put a deposit on a black 172 and this will be my 3rd black. I said never again but the clean ones are just so beutifull. i recomend getting some cheap black polish and using that everytime you clean it (takes about 10 miutes longer) and use your decent wax for the fornightly deepclean (or weekly if you have time) it lasts long enough as long as it doesnt p iss it down and the cheap polish will cover most shallow marks for a week or so.
tbh i reckon itle be black for life for me they just hook me in when theyre clean.:rasp: