ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black car owners

Mini Cooper S sport

Loved my car when it was clean, but I dont think Id get another black one.

The shine on black cars is awesome, but I hated it looking so filthy the day after washing it!

Much prefer my racing blue, it hardly shows the dirt at all - still looks fairly shiny and I havent washed it for 3 weeks.

Black cars are only truly cool when:

caked in road grime
hundreds of flies plaster their door mirrors and lights
their doors and wheel arches are liberally sprayed with off white drying puddle sludge
bits of pheasant and other assorted road targets stick out of their front valance
A clean black car says youre not trying hard enough ;)

I loved the black mean look at first but its too much effort to keep it looking the dogs. Lol I am more inclined next time I think to get bright yellow!

dCi 100

My last car was black and my current car is black. Its a bugger to keep clean but I could never love him as much if he was not my black baby

1.6 focus zetec....

Whilst were on the topic of washing and waxing, would megs gold class wax be ok for alloys?

Kiza

Silver 172 PhII

my old 1.6 Dynamique was black and looked great when it was clean. My 172 is silver (arent they all) and when thats clean on a sunny day it burns your retinas its that bright. I wanted another black one, but glad I went for a bright colour as most of my cars have always been dark.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by kiza1986 on 18 August 2005
Whilst were on the topic of washing and waxing, would megs gold class wax be ok for alloys?Kiza

It will be fine, wont last as long as something like Autoglym Extra Gloss, as it wont stand up so well to the heat.