ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Car.

Got myself a nice 04 Corsa 1.4 SXI the other day (i know its not a Clio but i like the site so yea)

So far i have cleaned it using..

AG bodywork shampoo conditioner applied with lambswool mitt.

Chamois dry.

I tryed some Zymol HD Cleanse after this.

Followed by Zymol Titanium wax. (both borrowed from my uncle)

To be honest i wasnt that impressed with the finish given.

I have since tryed CarPlan Triplewax, gave a nice finish for the price.

But i have some trusty AG SR and EGP in my arsenal and plan to try these next, as i think the painwork needs a good polish.

I have read that Rich recomends AG SR, EGP and then a coat of P21S.

Is the P21S worth it?

It can only be better value for money than the 80 quid Zymol.

Cheers.

believe him , it is highly recommended . auto glym stuff good gear .

try the megs quick clay aswell :cool:

106 GTi
For best results with any waxes its all in the prep. The paint cleaning and polishing stages are what counts the wax is just the icing on the cake. The shine depth and gloss are created here not in the waxing, that seals the shine in.

Expensive waxes alone wont look good over non polished paint. Same is true for the AG SRP, EGP and P21s route that works well on good shape paint, but any swirls and defects need proper correction first.

A good clay and polish are the key steps before any wax or sealant. Even more so on Black which is are very unforgiving.

THe SRP, EGP and P21s is a good combo on all colours. But Poorboys Nattys Blue and/or Souveran waxes will have a greater effect on Black than P21s.

What correction route would you go down?

Quik Clay ? + Scratch X ? + SRP?

Would Poorboys Nattys Blue alone look as good as P21S alone? (obviously after correct paint cleaning and polish)

As i think the Souveran is just outa my price range at the moment.

Ta.

106 GTi
Thats the Process

Quik Clay
Scratch X
SRP

I would do two coats of Extra Gloss then after the SRP for both protection and looks, before adding any wax.

Natty's Blue to P21s side by side will see the Nattys looking slightly wetter and glossier than the P21s. The P21s is eaiser on and off though. Very little in them just a slightly different look to the paint.

The paint does not really have any noticeable scratches apart from slight swirls, should i still use Scratch X?

Also how does Nattys look on silver paint? (info in other thread:Range Rover)

106 GTi
Yeah Scratch X is what you need working on swirls by hand.

I have tried the normal Nattys on Silver, but never the Blue.

My 306 is silver, if I was buying a wax to do the two it would be P21S

Ok, thanks very much for the advice mate.

You never know i might persuade her to get a tub of P21S for her car and a tub of Nattys blue for mine ;)

Il invest in some Scratch X then, should i only use it the once or?

106 GTi
You should only need to do the Scratch X once a year, then the AG SRP and EGP once every 3 or 6 months.

Then you can wax as often as you want.

Yeah you could always get both .. can never have to many waxes!