ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black clio on youtube

182 RB FF
Really well made Video!

Would like a Decat but bit worried its too chavvy...anyone got any thoughts on that?

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Brad182 said:
Really well made Video!

Would like a Decat but bit worried its too chavvy...anyone got any thoughts on that?

Well if you like it and want power gains and more sound who cares what people think if you like it?

Besides you can't see a decat pipe so no-one will see it or acknowledge it, cept' staunch petrol heads and the MOT man...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yes, some of that editing is better than what top gear editors do !!! great vid !!

i was gonna say it sounds like that green thing at the begining of the fast and the furious - now that would be a chavvy comment haha !

i want double exit but i have a spare wheel well :( lol

172 Exclusive... For Sale
hmm, would depend on the car, i'm not too bothered about bhp figures per se but it definetly made a massive difference driving in my 106 Rallye throughout the rev range, specially post-5k, the catalyst does supposedly eat a lot of bhp (cat eats horse shocker, haha).

Kinsella said:
yes, some of that editing is better than what top gear editors do !!! great vid !!

i was gonna say it sounds like that green thing at the begining of the fast and the furious - now that would be a chavvy comment haha !

It can still be done just a bit more expensive.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Kinsella said:

Mitsubishi Eclipse ;)

i know k tec do the double exit but is it worth it ? looks like alot of bends etc would it eat more horses ??

i supose you could cut out the spare wheel well and mount a standard 182 exhaust - however, that would be alot of work and try and convince the next owner its not been rear ended !!

255 V6 Black Gold
I would recommend a de cat to anyone.

I got mine done within 1 month of buying my cup, made a HUGE difference. I will make a video of the sound of it this weekend and up it.

I paid my mate £20 to cut out my old cat and weld in a new pipe. I pay my other mate £30 and he gives me my MOT without doing a emissions test on my exhaust.

I suppose i am lucky in that sense, if you know people who can do it for you then definatly go for it.

I raced a normal cup which my friend owns and i got 2 / 2&half car lenghs on him over the by pass from standing start.

Its when it comes on cam the sound and feel is so different with a de cat.

would it be worth getting a de cat and sticking with the standard exhaust?
i got told the my cat could be on it way out, so if im going to have to replace it soon....

255 V6 Black Gold
most definatly

it wont sound as good / same as the one in the video or mine for example,

but the power boost will be around the same,

its not so much a power thing for me, its the responsiveness of it after. You can only explain when you get in it after just having it done, give it a good booting and it will put a nice big smile on your face!

DONT buy one of them sports cats neither, just cut the cat out, weld a pipe in (providing you know someone to do your mot)

16v
Kinsella said:

You can have adouble exit just go on k tec website they do them, and according to them you will not loose any power.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hey guys, that's my car and the video I made of it.
I have since put a silenced decat which has chilled it down but still sounds cool.
When I move house in the next couple of months I will be getting some coilovers on it.
My drive way is like a ski slope it is really steep and the bottom of the car catches on it every time I drive in and out :(
So no lower until I move :S

Cheers for the cool comments guys :D

Last edited:
  Mk1 Ph2 1.4 RT !FOR SALE!
Sounds imense. i'd be bouncing it off the limiter all the time if it was mine lol, sounded superb

Mick_172_cup said:
DONT buy one of them sports cats neither, just cut the cat out, weld a pipe in (providing you know someone to do your mot)

I dont think i could get round the MOT, so would a sports cat be no better than a standard one? if it is better, what difference will there be

cheers

255 V6 Black Gold
well just think, if its a sports cat its going to be less restrictive than renaults one, but still restrictive enough to pass your emissions test? which in my eyes is not worth £200 they all charge for them? not when you can have full flow / full unrestrictiveness for say £30 weld job.

Where about in uk you based?

I have just been on ktec and found this decat pipe for 116 - looks to be just a case of unbolting your cat and fitting this pipe in its place, come MOT time put the old cat back on ??

If this 172 decat works with the twin exit design 182 thing they do i am goign to be seriously considering it - does anyone know what they sound like ? I dont want stupid BOY racer noise - just subtle burble and a quiet reminder that its a clio 172 cup ;) lol

My standard exhaust has fallen off 3 times and renault wont replace it, they just keep fixing it - its now rattling - its still under its 2 years warenty and i also took out a further 2 - idiots
View K-Tec tailpipe optionsWe now have this straight through de cat available for the Clio 172 Mk2. The de cat will give the maximum power gain available as it is ultra free flowing with a mandarel bent production. Please be aware that your car will not pass an MOT emissions test with the de-cat fitted.
spacer.gif
product_divider.gif
CLIO 172 MK2 STRAIGHT THROUGH DE CAT PIPE
Clio 172 Mk2 Price: £99.00+vat (116.33) EachAdd to basket:
product_divider.gif
Back