ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Strip Under Front Bumper ???

has anyone every had to buy a new one of these ????

if so any idea on the price??

our 182 we bought recently, had the black strip in the boot. i assumed it was in the boot as it was being loaded onto a transporter and ground clearance was an issue .
when it finally stopped raining i decided to fit it only to realise that where it screws onto the existing bolts on the bumper the plastic parts on the strip are all missing except from the 3 in the middle that dont get screws fitted.
ground clearance obviosly was an issue.

please help as the car looks lost without it.

joec

Beetle
Usually referred to as a 'splitter' mate :)
Price seems to vary with renault garages i think, some go up to £100 +. Usually one in the forsale section on here or on ebay.

Beetle
Yep, most garages were quoting the wrong price with it though, should be quite a lot cheaper than that.

BMW 320d SE
Post a pic of the splitter matey, as it sounds to me like you're assuming the screws under the front of the bumper hold the splitter on, when in actual fact they hold the undertray in place. The splitter has it's own self-tapping screws that screw directly in to the bumper. I just hope I've not mis-read your post!

Post a pic of the splitter matey, as it sounds to me like you're assuming the screws under the front of the bumper hold the splitter on, when in actual fact they hold the undertray in place. The splitter has it's own self-tapping screws that screw directly in to the bumper. I just hope I've not mis-read your post!

that man is a star.

you are right, i had assumed that the screws hold on the splitter as well.
i was wondering why the splitter had a small pack of screws with it.
now it all seems to make sense the cut outs are there to remove the undertray screws without removing the splitter.

thanks a million Karlos

BMW M3
Mine neve rcame with a splitter and tbh I cant be arsed paying 100 notes for it. Id rather lower it or spend the money elsewhere...

Mine neve rcame with a splitter and tbh I cant be arsed paying 100 notes for it. Id rather lower it or spend the money elsewhere...
cant really see it being 100 notes .
now i know that it is just a case of screwing it on i wont be needing a new one;)

BMW 320d SE
thanks a million Karlos

No problem matey. Mine's been ripped off so many times by things like stray pheasants, kerbs etc, that you get used to screwing them in all the time. I'm just glad I didn't get the wrong end of the stick by mis-reading your post!

P.S. You might want to drill some tiny pilot holes for the self-tappers, although this probably isn't necessary. Just a thought.

Tangoed Works
I think the cars look lost without the splitter. All of them should have, standard 172 mk2's look like high riders in comparision to 1*2 cup etc