ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Wrap

Hey,just wondering if anybody has had any experience with with gloss black wrap and if they can recommend anything or any tips?

Looking to wrap the B pillar to start off with.

Any links would be great :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy the shitey cheap stuff off eBay its very difficult to get looking good. I bought cheap stuff to do my Sunstrip and it was just a disaster. Went to a wrapping place and bought some decent stuff off them and it was so much easier to apply and looked so much better!

Civic Type R FN2
Like the guy above said, don't skimp on the material. Cheap stuff means poor results. Spend the cash and get some high end material - anything for myself I always use something like 3M 1080 series - easy to apply, looks great, ages well and is adequately removable once you decide to take it off.

Check out Youtube to see some application techniques, there's hundreds of hours worth of footage.

Tools needed:
Cleaning solution
Scalpel
Plastic squeegee with felt
Heatgun

Good luck, I hope you get on well with it. As I always say, give it a go yourself and then you'll realise that the prices you may get from wrapping firms/professionals are totally fair given that it's a tricky skill to master and takes years of practice to get to a decent level.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Black vinyl will never look as good as black paint. It will always have an orange peel effect.

(I have a good mate that owns a wrapping company and he tries to put people off black for this very reason)

For trims and little bits it doesn't matter so much I suppose.