ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry Bold 9900

anyone in the know, "know" whether this is suppose to be any good or not?

I'm switching back to BB, after not getting on with my iPhone. wondering whether to wait for this to come out?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hadn't even heard of it. My 9000 was a fantastic piece of kit and one of the first smart phones I had. Now comparing it to the simplicity of the iPhone, I couldn't go back.

It really depends what you want from a Phone but the iPhone is just too easy to use for me to ever consider anything else. That's how Apple suck you in. They know once you've had one, there's very little chance you'll change again.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm waiting for this, had an HTC Desire S for a little bit but returned it as didn't like various things.

Had a 9000 for a few years with work but had to give it back when I left a few weeks ago, so looking forward to getting one of these soon :)

They released more details of this along with the 9810 and the 9860 yesterday IIRC.

Look decent enough, just wish BB apps was a bit better!

I've got an 9780 atm but will probably chop it in for this.

I tried touch screen but it wound me up to the point I sent less than 50 texts a month when I had it!

Clio GT 1.6
I'm looking to either get this or the torch 9860 - i'm coming from a iphone 4 myself.
The deals on the blackberry's and android devices are just better than those for apple products and really don't see them being justifiable.

Mk3 clio 1.5
I hate BB altogether, nothing but sh*t with them, apps are just crap, BB is unreliable, trackpads break to easy. and you have to have BB bolt on for half of the features to work.

Android device are far more customisable, relaible and provided by a multi billion dollar company.

(sorry for my negativity *rant over*) :clap:
New BB is released on o2 on 15th aughust.

I hate BB altogether, nothing but sh*t with them, apps are just crap, BB is unreliable, trackpads break to easy. and you have to have BB bolt on for half of the features to work.

Android device are far more customisable, relaible and provided by a multi billion dollar company.

(sorry for my negativity *rant over*) :clap:
New BB is released on o2 on 15th aughust.

ooookkk........

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Android device are far more customisable, reliable

I don't buy a phone for apps, I have no use for them, have had BlackBerrys for donkeys years and never had any reliability issues with them at all or their track pads. No issues with the extra service you need on your sim either, brings with it some good features.

The Android device I had for 2 weeks before sending back and cancelling my contract had a nice screen, but hated it. Wasn't reliable, loved to crash after I spent ages writing long emails, which was made even longer by having to use a s**tty on screen keyboard.

Ooh but it has apps, apart from iPlayer I found f**k all that was of any use to me.

Then when you start talking corporate the BB is still king (for now) for various reasons, government security approval around the world for one thing.

Each to their own, I didn't like Android, I like BB, everyone is different :)

provided by a multi billion dollar company.

RIM is an almost 12 Billion dollar company, that not enough for you? :)

Released today on Vodafone too I believe.

Mk3 clio 1.5
I don't buy a phone for apps, I have no use for them, have had BlackBerrys for donkeys years and never had any reliability issues with them at all or their track pads. No issues with the extra service you need on your sim either, brings with it some good features.

The Android device I had for 2 weeks before sending back and cancelling my contract had a nice screen, but hated it. Wasn't reliable, loved to crash after I spent ages writing long emails, which was made even longer by having to use a s**tty on screen keyboard.

Ooh but it has apps, apart from iPlayer I found f**k all that was of any use to me.

Then when you start talking corporate the BB is still king (for now) for various reasons, government security approval around the world for one thing.

Each to their own, I didn't like Android, I like BB, everyone is different :)

RIM is an almost 12 Billion dollar company, that not enough for you? :)

Released today on Vodafone too I believe.

everyone has their own opinions, it all dends how you use your phone, where and what you want to do with it. I'd say if your getting a blackberry then atleast be a tad technical minded.

and no 12billion is not enough :hail: :rasp:

Blackberry's were mint up until the Bold 9000/Curve 8900 - After that they started turning into cheap pieces of crap to allow chavs to afford them.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
everyone has their own opinions, it all dends how you use your phone, where and what you want to do with it. I'd say if your getting a blackberry then atleast be a tad technical minded.

That was kind of my point, everyone's different :)

Blackberry's were mint up until the Bold 9000/Curve 8900 - After that they started turning into cheap pieces of crap to allow chavs to afford them.

That's where the 9900 is decent, it's like a better 9000 :)

Almost bought one today but want to see what the other networks are going to offer tariff wise.

The more I see the 9900 the more I want it! I know I would just be bored of it in a few months though and go back to Android/iPhone

They had a period of being s**t. My 8900 was epic, bashed to fk and it worked a treat. My 9700....died on a weekly basis. Got 4 replacements before they wouldnt replace it anymore so gave me the 9780 instead. It's been very reliable and nothing like the 9700!

I hope the 9900 is as good :)

The more I see the 9900 the more I want it! I know I would just be bored of it in a few months though and go back to Android/iPhone

This is what worries me too. I have an iPhone at the moment, fancy a change, always wanted to try a BB, but worried I will hate it and be tied in to a 24 month contract!

172 Race Car
Currently using a 9700. I think its great. Really like the look of the 9900 but the Full touch 9860 could be worth a look. Not sure if id want to go back to a touch screen keyboard tho.

Think ive got a few months yet till i can upgrade so will keep researching

Really?!

That is silly money!

The UK contracts don't seem too bad, O2 you can get one for free on a 2 year deal at £30ish a month on a deal they are doing atm!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Was chatting with a chap who was working for us last month who is from the US about phone prices.

He was making sure someone didn't step on his phone whilst it was charging as to get an unlocked phone in the US costs a fortune.

I've ordered one of these today on the £32pm o2 deal.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Arrived today and it's good, like it a lot.

If you're into your apps and getting your phone to do everything then it's not for you.

If you want a decent phone that handles messaging very very well, and has an awesome keyboard then try one out :)

I was gutted when I left my last job a few months ago and had to give my old 9000 back, this is a very worthy replacement.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
When I had a poke about a dummy unit last week it seemed pretty big for some reason, but now I've got it doesn't seem bit at all really. But then I am used to a 9000.