ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BlackBerry PlayBook

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got one?

Just got a 64Gb one through work (was free, so hard to turn it down)

Good apps, tips n tricks etc?

I know an iPad is a better proposition as a tablet, but this was free, and an iPad would cost me money :p (and it's Apple filth)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You could always use it for its intended use.

Paperweight. It's a 64gb one, so it'll hold that paper down real good.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Right, well do you have a BB?

It can connect to a BB...

The bridge thing has been tried and turned off already, until I need to type out an essay on the BB

The screen is pretty enough for games and movies, though

172 Race Car
Lol at the Apple users.

Ive got one and its fine. Web browsing is good, very fast and ive not come accross a website it doesnt like yet. I wasnt going to stretch to an Ipad for the limited amount of use a tablet is in reality so it was either this or an cheap android tablet. I like the 7'' size its great.

We use it for quick web browsing as its quicker than firing up the laptop. The media player is good as is the abbility to connect to the tv via HDMI. We also use it for our son to watch films in the car so have got rid of our portable dvd player. Its great for watching Iplayer through the tv via HDMI

Connected my BB phone to it once but didnt see the point so not used it since.

I got it cheap off someone on here so for what it cost it was a reasonable purchase

You need to learn all the gestures

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
But as said it does us for what we need. I didnt like the price or size of the ipad. But then mac's are expensive compaired to PC's and Iphones are high end too. Not knocking it, i see why they are expensive products but I wanted something cheaper that did internet and media playing

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup, it's going to be compared. Nature of the beast. But if price is a factor then you are left with no alternatives but to seek out an inferior product. Shame really.

172 Race Car
I expect so. Playbook sales have been dismal. But as ive heard said there is no tablet market, only an Ipad market. Im not sure any tablet has sold well compared to the Ipads. the fire might do well due to the content they can provide. They have a better chance than anyone else.

I see playbooks being sold for £99 in the future, just to get rid of them. People will buy at that price, look at the HP thing

172 Race Car
Yup, it's going to be compared. Nature of the beast. But if price is a factor then you are left with no alternatives but to seek out an inferior product. Shame really.

Yes it may be an inferiro product, but then so is my mondeo compaired to a mercedes but cost half the price and does what i need

Again, im not knocking the ipad but im not in the market for a £500 gadget i wasnt sure id use. I didnt even spend that on a tv

Yup. The content is the thing that Amazon are banking on.

It's silly to try and compete with the iPad unless you can make it better at that price. Nobody can yet. So the other option is to beat them on price. Which is what Amazon are doing. Interesting that all the things that were negatives for Apple and the iPad (closed system, not expandable, no camera (on original iPad)) aren't mentioned when talking about the Fire.

Be interesting to see what they actually cost them and what the average spends are for the people that use them. But Amazons policy has always been long term.

iPad is £399 btw.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My 64gb Playbook was £466 from T-Mobile, lolz

So far all I'm using it for is to watch TV on the train, because it's lighter than my netbook and turns on quicker