ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BlackBerry Storm

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
What are peoples thoughts on that?

I'm thinking about going and having a look at it with the view to changing to that soon.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Im gonna get one next month when my contract runns out, Blackberry are a very good make of phone. It may not be as fluid as an iphone but I have an itouch so there is no need to get a iphone.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Mine's not up - but I wanna see if I can change anyway. :D

The only thing that may slightly put me off is the lack of WiFi. But reading some of the specs for it today it does look mighty impressive.

The only contract it comes with is unlimited data over 3G, I didn't realise it didn't have wifi and infact that is its only turn off but you have to look at the other full screen telephones.

1)The LG something (probably Renoir), its lucky goldstar so I'm not gonna be stuck with a badly designed phone for 18 months.
2)T mobiles lame attempt at competing with the iphone, it looks like a toy and being an ex sidekick user I know how carp they can be. This phone has a slide out keyboard and that is soo 1990's.
3)The Iphone, its fluid, it works, it has, everything you need, it syncs perfectly with you music and videos and has wifi.

Its hard not to go for the iphone but the Storm is made by the best manufacture of business phone and the keyboard looks more business orientated and tuned for typing then the iphones one.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
That is actually the exact same thinking tha I have been putting into it.

Currently I have the LG Viewty, which to be quite honest I am getting pissed off with after a year, hence my wanting the change.

I'm currently stuck between the iPhone and the Storm. I have played around with several iPhones and I can say that I do like it. But looking at the Storm this morning, I wouldn't mind having a go with one of those, they look decent, so would just need to make sure that I'd be comfortable with the way it feels.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Ah right fair enough, should make the Storm pretty damn good overall with that.

Not really sure I can stick with the Viewty until then though.

Dont think they will be in stores tommorow. Last time we checked they were in just outside germany. And they still needed to unbox everyone, flash and put them in vodafone boxes. Its been put back 3 times already for the release date.

Fook know why there advertising in store 14th. Be very lucky if they are.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Fair enough - I was going on the release date as I've only just been thinking about it.

I'm with Bash in intriguement as to how you know all this.... are you in the crate with the Storms, hence how you know where they are?

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I've actually read on the voda eforums that some people have had the email that it has been packed and shipped for arrival tomorrow? Odd if they're still in Germany.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
It's entirely possible.

Ben - do you know whether there will be the option to upgrade to the WiFiversion from the current model if I got the current Storm now?

Ben can is it worth getting over the Iphone?

Last edited:
  Fiat Bravo Active TJet
It's worth a look anyway - if they're not in, I can always ask if they have a date for when they will be.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Theres a 20 page thread on this on Corsasport, the outcome being that its a very flawed phone and advertising effort, the HD screen isnt HD and the unlimited internet is 500mb, i used that a week on my iPhone. Plus no Wi-Fi is a joke tbh.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Review of it?

Sim that came with it wont work :mad:. Old sim in now, screen takes a moment to get used to due to the clicking action required to select anything but it does stop you accidently clicking anything. About to have a play now so will post up a proper review later.

Theres a 20 page thread on this on Corsasport, the outcome being that its a very flawed phone and advertising effort, the HD screen isnt HD and the unlimited internet is 500mb, i used that a week on my iPhone. Plus no Wi-Fi is a joke tbh.
What network doesnt have a limit on there usage. Vodafone conducted a survey of a customer average internet usage and it was 250mb, so they double it to be safe. If your using more on a phone your not using it in accordance with its T's & C'sm i.e no voice over i.p etc.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Like Ben said, which network hasn't got a cap, or Fair Usage Policy? Without one, that just leaves the network to be abused.

500MB is more than likely going to be ample.

Ben, got a question that I'm hoping you may be able to answer. The Blackberry Email extra that you get on price plans, is there a description of what this fully is? It's probably a simple question, but I was just after some clarity so that I didn't get myself confused.

Like Ben said, which network hasn't got a cap, or Fair Usage Policy? Without one, that just leaves the network to be abused.

500MB is more than likely going to be ample.

Ben, got a question that I'm hoping you may be able to answer. The Blackberry Email extra that you get on price plans, is there a description of what this fully is? It's probably a simple question, but I was just after some clarity so that I didn't get myself confused.

"The Pack gives you unlimited data access in the UK only, subject to a fair use limit of 500mb per month"

Most other providers simply state unlimited usage subject to the fair usage policy, no metion of any limits.

The point is that with no WiFi the user has no option other than to use 3G and therfore will reach 500mb quite easily(as the majority will be be sold for business use because its a blackberry) and especially if the average user, uses 250mb(possibly on phones with other means of accessing the internet through wifi).

Last edited:
  SLK 350
...the unlimited internet is 500mb, i used that a week on my iPhone.

PMSL at you...

500mb a week on an iPhone, I don't believe that I'm sorry. Unless you're using it tethered to a Lappy and rinsing it as a mobile internet solution I doubt very much you're running that up, even streaming radio you'd struggle with that!

Mine currently stands at 352MB Received and 35MB Sent, that's daily usage to a dozen sites, and forums. Activesync to my work email, receiving 80~ a day, and general tarting around with Tuner app.

Oh and for the record my iPhone stats were last reset...never. Which equates to 2 months usage on my business iPhone.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
"The Pack gives you unlimited data access in the UK only, subject to a fair use limit of 500mb per month"

That's what I was confused about, as there are two extra's in the contracts, the unlimited internet, and then the blackberry mail.

PMSL at you...

500mb a week on an iPhone, I don't believe that I'm sorry. Unless you're using it tethered to a Lappy and rinsing it as a mobile internet solution I doubt very much you're running that up, even streaming radio you'd struggle with that!

Mine currently stands at 352MB Received and 35MB Sent, that's daily usage to a dozen sites, and forums. Activesync to my work email, receiving 80~ a day, and general tarting around with Tuner app.

Oh and for the record my iPhone stats were last reset...never. Which equates to 2 months usage on my business iPhone.

I was exagerating :rolleyes:

Although i did have my facebook, work, myspace, corsasport and cliosport emails on push to my iPhone, always downloaded videos from youtube to the phone using MxTube and constantly updating facebook/ on facebook chat etc at work as its blocked on my computer at work. Easily exceeded 500mb a month eitherway. Im not disputing the fact that 500mb wouldnt be enough for the average user, im saying that vodafone are in the wrong advertising it as 'Unlimited'.