ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry Won't Play Youtube Videos?

Swift Sport
I have a new Blackberry Curve which I was told would play Youtube videos. However, it only attempts to play them... failing every time. I tend to get sound and some of the video, but nothing watchable. Ideas??

Bus w**ker
Are you in a 3G area? Have you set up TCP/IP and enabled APN for your provider?

TBH YouTube is f**king w**k on BBs. Flash is needed badly for the BB OS.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Youtune is always w**k mate, wi-fi is the only way it'll play.

Search for vuclip.com they have most videos and it usually works.

Bus w**ker
Mine will stream YouTube on 3G, it looks just as equally w**k as it does on WiFi lol.

Vuclip is a good shout, although you have to queue a lot of stuff on the site first and wait for it to process.

RB 197
Hmm, when i first got mine it played vids, now it wont even load any and the YT load page looks different>?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Works brilliant on my bold no matter where I am, and on my mates curve. Always was s**te on the iPhone however! On my BB I can be in just a GPRS data area and still get youtube up and working. The iPhone needed 3G for it and, being on O2, rendered it completely useless when on the move.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
Works brilliant on my bold no matter where I am, and on my mates curve. Always was s**te on the iPhone however! On my BB I can be in just a GPRS data area and still get youtube up and working. The iPhone needed 3G for it and, being on O2, rendered it completely useless when on the move.
but the quality is s**t on the BB, whereas its perfect on the iphone. And i bet it takes to download on GPRS.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It is if your out and about, and in my area on O2, it meant it barely worked.

Mini Cooper S
So that's down to the network coverage you get with o2, in you're area. Nothing to do with the phone!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! What a tool.

Oh and the iPhone youtube is awesome!

Lovely big screen and no buffering at all when I used it.

RB 197
Sy, i would BBM you but my battery is about to die.
Youtube on my BB is telling me i need to download Real player but how the funk can i do that malarky on the BB, effort!?

Bus w**ker
Sy, i would BBM you but my battery is about to die.
Youtube on my BB is telling me i need to download Real player but how the funk can i do that malarky on the BB, effort!?

Errrm as far as I know you can't on a BB. :S

Try going to m.youtube.com in your BB browser and see if that works. If not let me know the exact error message.

you lot who are experiencing low quality videos on their bb's need to optimise the youtube settings, mine are crystal clear with perfect sound and no long waits for buffer with 3g on my bold 2

got the the following link on your bb's and follow instructions

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/optimizing-youtube-aka-how-get-hq-440838/
Not seen that before, so I've just given it a whirl. I'm gonna go right ahead and say that it's not made a blind bit of difference PMSL.

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTE4XzRfMTMuanBn.gif

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTE4XzVfMzcuanBn.gif

Mmm feel the high quality goodness LOL.

Errrm as far as I know you can't on a BB. :S

Try going to m.youtube.com in your BB browser and see if that works. If not let me know the exact error message.

Not seen that before, so I've just given it a whirl. I'm gonna go right ahead and say that it's not made a blind bit of difference PMSL.

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTE4XzRfMTMuanBn.gif

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTE4XzVfMzcuanBn.gif

Mmm feel the high quality goodness LOL.

serious? what phone you using? on my bold 2 ive got the latest OS v5.0.0.545

so check if you you got the latest firmware and update if need be. btw the version i have is leaked not official yet

Bus w**ker
9000 Bold, OS needs updating but I can't be arsed. Running a leaked 5.0 beta (.411 IIRC).