ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you have a touch and not an iPhone, do you actually use the features to compare. Unless you use exchange on both the iPhone and BB constantly then I can't see how it's relevant.

I have been running with both all week, and while the BB is getting slightly easier to use it's still not as good as the exchange integration on the iPhone, it really isn't. Plus, I type twice as fast on the touch keyboard compared to the stupidly small keys on the BB, plus, it doesn't seem to correct words automatically like the iPhone does which is very handy, unless I haven't found the feature.

The only benefit with the BB I can see is that the corporate phone directory is also integrated with the blackberry, but for emailing it's definitely all about the iPhone, without a doubt. If only the iPhone had the BB battery life.......
In what way is the iphone better at email? How can you get better than an email coming to your phone like a text and replying the same way? :S

Oh and the bold 9000 keyboard is the pick of the bunch, the keys have a slightly raised edge so you never hit the wrong button unlike the curve.

It does have auto text also, putting in ' for i'll i've ect... and fixing the usual teh hve to the correct words. It's called autotext when composing email/sms.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
When I was using an iPhone, I had to wait like 10 minutes for the emails to come through?

They are instant on my Blackberry.

Unless things have changed on the newer ones, I'd say thats a pretty crappy email service.

Turbos.
Think that might depend on your provider, my Blackberry gets emails every 15 minutes.

I've been tempted by an iPhone, but i think they're just a little bit too gay.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
May be dependant on provider,

Ive had Blackberry's on both Orange and Voda. Emails came through instantly.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm with voda, emails come straight from my hotmail account.

Saying the iPhone is better at emails seems weird to me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
In what way is the iphone better at email? How can you get better than an email coming to your phone like a text and replying the same way? :S

Oh and the bold 9000 keyboard is the pick of the bunch, the keys have a slightly raised edge so you never hit the wrong button unlike the curve.

It does have auto text also, putting in ' for i'll i've ect... and fixing the usual teh hve to the correct words. It's called autotext when composing email/sms.
it just is better for me, like i said, i carry both around but the iphone is the weapon of choice when replying to an email, the autocomplete is a lot better, its a lot more intelligent with what words it can complete, even if you miss nearly every letter it still gets the word right whereas the bb only does things like taht etc. which is not really what you want as the a dnt the t are not next to each other, you need it to correct things when you miss a key, something which is easy to do with the keyboard being so small. The 9700 has the raised edges on the keys too, doesn't make much difference though.

if i want to write a couple of words reply then i can use the bb, if it requires a couple of sentences i will actually switch to the iphone, bring up the email on that and reply and it works out quicker as you don't have to correct as many mistakes and fight with the tiny keyboard.

for me, the iphone is just better at email, guess i'm lucky to have both to use whichever one i am in the mood for but the iphone gets more love.