ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blagging an MOT

I'm 90% sure I am going to need a new CAT for my car, but as my decat is going on, is there anyway to make my emmisions nice and low just for the MOT?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
stick a sponge in your back box and pull it out after the MOT - are reverse another car up to the MOT bay when you do the emissions test and stick the probe up that cars back box

Megane225FF
tell the mot tester the story and see if you can slip him £10 to "overlook" the emission's...

Chocolate Bar™
cain your car all the way there, and give it a nice long drive on the way. man across the road had to do that to his car to get it through the emissions lol

Yeah it's best to give it a good belting before you take the car in. They don't purposely look for a de-cat and if you have one "oh you naughty boy, take it off", they just test the emissions and if all goes well after you have thrashed f**k outa your car for an hour before and they pretty much test it straight after you drop it off then it should pass with flying colours.

I might try some of that stuff you're on about before mine goes in for it's MOT.

193 mk2
you might be worrying for nothing my cat was cracked & the emmisions light was on, anyway i took it in to my local mot centre explained to him what was going on and asked if he would cheack my emmisions, as i didn't want to fail it on the actuall test, & i told him i would be doing my mot there just to keep in with him. he did the test & it was running fine, after all that worrying lol. moral of the story, its probably allright!!!

kiza i'm in stourbridge.

wide my car smells of sulphur after short journrys so think cats going.

mattblack dont think running on 3 cylinders is such a great idea really.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
runnign on 3 cylinders will b ok for a few minutes just pull the plug round the corner frm the centre

Mr2 Roadster
When I had my Uno turbo it would only pass when it was cold but the MOT guy was sympathetic and let it go.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol...good thread

i was wondering about this as i was looking at putting a decat on my valver but couldn't be assed with taking it off...putting it back on etc

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
no one will pass it the law is too strict now, been there tried it!, ur gonna have to get a scrappy cat

193 mk2
there is still shady places & always will be!!! you just have to know were to look or smell lmao

1.6 focus zetec....
Try somewhere like peeps have said 'cos the m.o.t guy might be alright about it...if that doesnt work drop me a PM and ill see if my mate can sort you out 'cos he's a mechanic and is always bodging M.O.T's

Kiza

Williams 2
Freebone said:
lol...good thread

i was wondering about this as i was looking at putting a decat on my valver but couldn't be assed with taking it off...putting it back on etc

You should do m8, it's a piece of pi*s, only 4 bolts, my Magnex sounds a lot better with the de-cat and seems a lot less restrictive on the engine:D

removing your cat will throw the emissions totally out, no fuel treatments or plug lead removing will help. its not only the co that's involved unburnt fuel will throw your lambda readings out of which will result in a fail. the only sure fire way is to fit ur cat, unless you know a mate whos a tester and use a different car for the readings. im a tester been there done that!!

ant

yep.
ok, me being thick time.

a decat right, you just unbolt the cat and bolt the "decat" in its place?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
MattyH16v said:
You should do m8, it's a piece of pi*s, only 4 bolts, my Magnex sounds a lot better with the de-cat and seems a lot less restrictive on the engine:D

yeah i am seriously thinking about it now......got a price and place to purchase so its down to me...does yours flame mate?

daze i think that is the case mate...just bolts..

kiza1986 said:
Try somewhere like peeps have said 'cos the m.o.t guy might be alright about it...if that doesnt work drop me a PM and ill see if my mate can sort you out 'cos he's a mechanic and is always bodging M.O.T's

Kiza

thanks mate, i'm booked into my Normal garage but if it fails there i'll pm u 2 sort a sunday appointment ;)

Williams 2
Freebone said:
yeah i am seriously thinking about it now......got a price and place to purchase so its down to me...does yours flame mate?

daze i think that is the case mate...just bolts..

Mine does'nt flame m8, does pop every now and again though. Definately worth doing though m8, car seems to pull a lot better in each gear, especially on the motorway. You need to put some exhaust gum between each joint though, which hardens when the exhausts gets hot, stopping gases from leaking, to improve performance.:D

MattyH16v said:
Mine does'nt flame m8, does pop every now and again though. Definately worth doing though m8, car seems to pull a lot better in each gear, especially on the motorway. You need to put some exhaust gum between each joint though, which hardens when the exhausts gets hot, stopping gases from leaking, to improve performance.:D

Spot on......and i can supply mk1 de-cats for £35 delivered