ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blanking plates?

BG 182
streamline carbon/ebay
294116A2-738B-44F9-A44E-67F9F57D7BAA-801-00000122F9B8A703_zps1e24e3aa.jpg

renault clio 182
thanks guys, wish the plates weren't so expensive for that little bit of plastic! maybe santa will get me one...

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Isn't it a MoT requirement that if the car has xenons, you have to have washer jets?

Surely blanking them would be a failure?

PH2 RS172
At the moment its not a fail but the law is due to change on them to include washer jets sometime this year according to my mot bloke. Some cars ie vectra bs didnt come with washers as standard on their hid lights so they will have to retro fit some piping. Its not hard anyway... A set of aftermarket washers and a t-piece into your original windscreen washer pipe... Job done. I will start fitting them no doubt as demand rises with mot fails.

BG 182
if they are fitted standard and dont work they must work if they are not present they cant fail them. when the law does come in it will only apply to 2008 cars onwards. and to OP they aint "bits of plastic" there genuine CF

renault clio 182
im not worried about the MOT at the moment i got a guy to sort that out if its not legal, sorry thought they came either plastic as thats what the washer jets are? or CF... my bad!

also my car has a K-TEC supersport decatted exhaust so wanting to get the cat sorted first as dont enjoy the " boy racer " looks i get when im driving normal speeds and its sooo loud! :/

anyone know if the normal 182 sports cat can fit directly to the aftermarket pipe?

much appreciated for any response

BG 182
It will fit, most exhausts come supplied with a sleeved adaptor where the centre section meets the cat to make it possible. However disturbing this joint equals ballache as it never seals right again.