ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blatted by WRX in the lanes

Comming back from work I ended up behind a new (03) WRX, he decided to take off and was scratching his head a bit when he didnt seem to lose the little clio behind him as soon as he had hoped!

Anyway there was some old dear in front of him for a while and hed fall back a bit then give it a blast and Id follow etc. etc.

To cut a short story even shorter she turned off and he opened it up, to be honest I was out classed, that car seems to stick to the road, I was catching him and losing hm again but he had me good and proper.

Conclusion

That is a very fast car and obviously handles well in the twistys but what does WRX stand for

Im thinking along the lines of

Well Rapid Xtraordinarily-Ugly

From the back the styling is like a korean crap bag but the set up must be pretty sweet, cant say I aspire to one but fair play to those that do (after all if your in the thing you dont have to look at it!

MB

Haha! Nice one. They are exceptionally well sorted, and I was thinking about it on my way to work today, the only negative thing about scooby ownerhip is the fuel consumption, which is painful the way I drive!:)

I KNEW it would kick my arse SHORTY but we were both up for some fun and by golly it was fun trying to keep up with it in short bursts.

I really dont want one of those though Id rather keep the Clio and help fund an MX5 for the misses when she finally takes her test. Im missing the open top life since I got rid of the CRX and the weather has picked up a bit!

I really dont think the Sab type car is for me I used to like the EVO but I begining to think the the Clio plus an open top (maybe even a Dax Rush!) would suit my life style better, after all if I had a WRX Id have to hock the house and buy a petrol station!

MB

my dads older shape one was pushing 310 bhp at his last RR. hes currently in the middle of fitting a hks bumper mounted intercooler. looking at around 350 horses if not more!!

Ive driven a few imprezas(even tried to buy a new one ones) and I dont fancy them a bit. Any idiot with a heavy enough gas foot can drive it like Colin McRae and it slurps gasoline like a old american V8.

Id rather have my Clio which demands respect and can give you so much joy for so little. Ive fallen inn love with the little bugger:oops:

Svezel,

You have contradicted yourself saying that you dont like them but you wanted to buy one?!

As for demanding respect, i would say definately! these cars bite harder than any other ive driven (and ive driven a few), and compared to when i was younger (going back a few years now) and i owned a brand new 93 19 16v, it was very neutral in comparison.

My scoob is twitchy, and she lets you know it, i do get oversteer, but then again so do front wheel drive cars (i havnt found one yet that doesnt) but if you change your tyre pressures you can adjust the ammount you do get (within reason).

Like any car, anyone can drive fast (be it a clio 172 or the likes) but not many people can drive them properly. I think that your car flatters you too much cos i know mine scares the s*t out of me!

Tony

Quote: Originally posted by TB11 on 28 March 2003

Svezel,

You have contradicted yourself saying that you dont like them but you wanted to buy one?!

As for demanding respect, i would say definately! these cars bite harder than any other ive driven (and ive driven a few), and compared to when i was younger (going back a few years now) and i owned a brand new 93 19 16v, it was very neutral in comparison.

My scoob is twitchy, and she lets you know it, i do get oversteer, but then again so do front wheel drive cars (i havnt found one yet that doesnt) but if you change your tyre pressures you can adjust the ammount you do get (within reason).

Like any car, anyone can drive fast (be it a clio 172 or the likes) but not many people can drive them properly. I think that your car flatters you too much cos i know mine scares the s*t out of me!

Tony
I tried to buy one because I was given an offer I couldnt refuse but when I drove it I for a while I realised it wasnt my kind of car. Dont get me wrong it is a blast driving it in the bends and that grip is amazing but there was something not doing it for me. I just found it strange that when I drove it first I could do powerslides in amazing speeds and never lost control. Im just that kind of guy who likes the challenging cars which it takes a while to learn to drive fast (its like the challenging computer games last the longest). Well Im way over my head now so I better just shut up.

Well anyway you like your car and I like mine and to bad why cant settle this on the road or on the pub ;D (unless you live in Iceland...). Just my oppinion and dont get affended, Im just a weirdo (I used to own a BMW!). But I must admit I havent tried a STI and that could change things a bit...

Quote: Originally posted by Pillesnoppen on 28 March 2003

As long as it doesnt go to far, Svezel, and you end up with your (gear)knob up the rear box...;)
I was thinking about being the domenent one...;)

svezel mate i bet if mcrae had been driving the 172 the wrx wouldnt have got away aint saying you bad driver mate. they are good cars but use s++t loads of petrol and tyres. think they are poor mans evo anyway would have one over a scooby any day drove one was amazing every thing was where you wanted it perfect. shame cant get insured or afford petrol or tyres am gona stop getting depressed now. well done for having ago though.

new shape wrxs aint that quick compared to the old shape, and in regards the impreza being a poor mans evo have to dissagree as there are a few versions of the impreza which are quicker than the EVO, each to their own I suppose

evo x rs

Yeah the MPG hurts a little on my 03WRX STI. With the clio I could put £27 in and hammer it all day and get 200-220 miles.

In my scooby Im filling it it at £37 and getting 220 miles with a mixed pattern on driving!!!!! But its worth it!!!!!

mk2 172

2 weeks today, iv just sent you a text, is that still the right number i got?, theres 10 or more of us mate, will be a good day, its 28 quid, if yeah i need paying asap mate as john nobles are snapping at my heels for payment by next sat.

craggy