ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding brakes for the first time.... Advice needed.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ok, I'm bleeding my brakes for the first time;

Ive replace the rear passenger brake line - its all sealed fine (just a bit of background info)

Ive tried manual and pressured bleeding (using eazibleed)

Ive read the guides, but just looking for some case specific input / advice.

Engine / Electrics off if it matters

Ive bled the rears & fronts til the point I'm certain there is no air in there, how much fluid would normally come through at the point of removing the air from the system? Ive gathered around 50ml total in my "excess jar"

Anyway,

Once I lower the car, start and try to drive / bake, there is absolutely no pressure in the pedal at all and only when I hit the floor does it stop the car.

Any idea's where Im going wrong?

Cheers

E46 M3
I'd say you've not put enough fluid through. When I fit my braided lines it took nearly 2 litres till I was happy with the pedal feel (I think I had air in the abs pump)

There were times when the fluid was coming out fine with no air then a huge amout of air would come out all at once.

As said above you may need a fair amount if fluid as getting air out of the ABS Pump/Unit can be a pain in the arse.

Just keep bleeding and take your time and don't rush, as after all your brakes are pretty useful.

It may be worth a thread on here to see if theres any special way of bleding brakes with ABS.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
We opted for pressurised bleeding with eazibleed & pumping the pedal.

Was clear that we hadnt got rid of all of the air almost instantly.

Filled up the whole jar. :)

Thanks

Dodgy one
If you think youve got air in the ABS pump, With the pressure bleeder on, Slacen the union on the pump off just enough to allow fluid to escape, Should bring the air too