ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bleeding valver front breaks

just wanted to know if i need any special tools to do this job as im going to do them tomorrow morring
also how long dose this take to do
as i am changing the front break hoses as there both very soft
thanks for any help

Get an one person easy bleed kit for Halfords etc there £20 or so there much easier to use than the useless two person stuff with one way valves.

No specail tools though 8mm spanner for the brakes.
I'd take the wheels of personally if its your first time.

took the front wheels of this afternoon
then first think is im changing both black rubber black pipes

on on end is a 13mm spanner but i think you need a special tool to undo the other end dose anyone know how to get the other end of
are the £20 break bleedin kits from halfolds any good
thanks

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
i couldnt get any of the caps on the eazybleed kit to fit properly, so ended up getting a mate to help me do it manually - to be honest its not hard at all to do manually.

dont know about the hoses, never had to use any 'special' tools before though.

a brake pipe C spanner is what you want....and no doubt it'll be rusted and possible strip anyway.

Friction said:
i couldnt get any of the caps on the eazybleed kit to fit properly, so ended up getting a mate to help me do it manually - to be honest its not hard at all to do manually.

dont know about the hoses, never had to use any 'special' tools before though.
I have the same problem as you. You have to get a spanner on them to tigthen them up use the ones you use for water pipes for dishwahers etc to tighten it.