ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Block painting

Golf GTD Mk7
Has anyone used etcher/primer prior to painting with VHT? or just clean up and paint direct?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I just degreased then went straight at the block with VHT. Dont think you are supposed to use primer otherwise the VHT won't set (per Sideways Danny in a previous thread iirc)

/late reply

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys ive just bought a clio sport 172 and realised ive been done on the price considering the condition its actually in :mad:, 1st of all its occasionally blowing white smoke out the exhaust which ive been advised is just rubber seals in the exhaust or manifold and is normal for car its age on 02 plate. I think its got electrical issues as all sorts of lights come on in the dash when i accelalerate hard also xenon light on drivers side does not work, also rattling from drivers side front wheel, rear end of the car feels very unstable when cornering on bumpy roads and my temp gauge is all over the place like a rev counter but this only started today any ideas???? please help!!!! Please could some body tell me how to reset my ECU as ive been told this could solve the electrical issues? Thanks​

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Hi guys ive just bought a clio sport 172 and realised ive been done on the price considering the condition its actually in :mad:, 1st of all its occasionally blowing white smoke out the exhaust which ive been advised is just rubber seals in the exhaust or manifold and is normal for car its age on 02 plate. I think its got electrical issues as all sorts of lights come on in the dash when i accelalerate hard also xenon light on drivers side does not work, also rattling from drivers side front wheel, rear end of the car feels very unstable when cornering on bumpy roads and my temp gauge is all over the place like a rev counter but this only started today any ideas???? please help!!!! Please could some body tell me how to reset my ECU as ive been told this could solve the electrical issues? Thanks​

Lol newb

"Navy" N17 TWO

Ouch! That sounds like a right bucket of chuckles to keep anyone busy for a while :(

Get it to s good mechanic you know that's not too far from home and check EVERYTHING!

Hindsight now but you should of got someone to check it out before you got it - hope you get sorted out

Owen

ClioSport Admin
  Westy. MX5

START YOUR OWN THREAD!

Golf GTD Mk7
I just used some uber cheap 'elbow grease' degreaser from the pound section in asda and fair play it brought the block up a treat. It even sorted out my wheel that was covered in cv joint grease too.

Can see what it looks like in Oli's photos here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?583286-FCS-11-lots-of-photos
It isn't actually that white, it's really a good clean silver in RL

Cheers mate. Thought there may have been something that stripped it easily. Elbow grease is probably the only way