ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody coolant issues (still)

Megane Team II F1 R26
Well finally got sometime today to strip the termostat out and replace along with temp sensor (car runs 3/4 on temp gauge with fan rigged up to temp switch!!) so thought i would replace those bits and flush with new coolant....

Luckly I didn't just go ahead and pull the pipe of the radiator..... spotted that the bleed valve wasn't there!! :mad: turns out the previous owner had snapped the bleed valve in the pipe, also noticed the main pipe to the termostat had been messed with so im now guessing it maybe an air lock in the system.

Problem i have is Mr haynes (manual) lists the E7J engine but the sensor doesnt relate (i.e. mine has 3 wires and manual has two - going to the temp sensor)

Can someone advise if they revised the E7J engine? (8v)

Also wheres the best place for replacement hose pipe.... don't fancy stealer prices :rasp:

Cheers

LY 182
what car are we talking here? if it has 3 wires the fan probably runs through the ecu..
in which case its just a sensor its not a switch, then when up to a certain temp the ecu grounds the fan relay out (has a perm live on the switch side) and the fan runs
if you unplug it (and it is that set up) the fan should run with the ignition on

Megane Team II F1 R26
Sorry Ditz, Its a Clio mk2 ph1 1.4RT.

Its definatly 3 wire's to the one sensor, the manual image shows the same sensor but only two wires.... and the electrical diagram is misleading..as that only shows 2 wires, very confusing!! Once i get the replacement pipe i'll pull it all apart.

Just annoying the fan has to be on just to keep temp at 3/4s, if i turn the fan off and leave car to heatup it gets the the top (just before red) and still no fan or temp light.

LY 182
well first off sort the airlock in the coolant sytem that wont be helping matters at all.
once you've sorted that pull the plug off see if the fan runs.
if it does thats elminated everything bar the temp sensor.

if it dosn't you need to start trouble shooting.
i did a 1.2 8v mk2 ph1 not long ago that was over heating due to the fan not coming on.
after much head scratching i found a corroded broken wire in a straight covered up section of engine loom (last place you would look)

Megane Team II F1 R26
Im only guessing at the air lock, I can't rule it out until i replace the pipe, haven't a clue what the last owner had tried but bleeding wasn't one of them as its snapped lol.

Just weird how it sits so high but the car is loosing no water and runs as smooth as.

Just means another weekend wasted haha

Cheers Ditz.