ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody Xenons

renault clio 172
What an utter ball ache !! Got Clio 172 last week, drivers side Xenon out. Got a second hand ballast today, fitted it and neither side working. tried all combinations by switching components around. Eventually ended up with drivers side working and thought ill transfer parts over to passenger side, no Xenon again. Me thinking something else amiss. At one point I put all the good bits back on drivers side and then that wouldn't work. One other thing was when i kept turning light stalk the drivers side eventually came on. Car outside now , bumper off and drivers side working but no passenger light. Me thinking something else amiss further back.
Any suggestions would be welcome
shaun

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Does sound like your problem is further back. Trace the wires back to the big moon plug in the bay (sorry can't remember where it is atm) and check that's not full of corrosion or water.

renault clio 172
Sorted. My son who used to have a clio trophy did some research and found that you can plug and play a standard fitment headlamp assembly, bought them today, LIGHTS !! No more ballast, igniter or expensive bulbs and probably won't need to remove bumper again. Happy days.