ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowers won't go cold?

Can anyone help, I have a 02 plate 172 and my blowers have stuck on hot. I can adjust the temperature option down to min but they still come out hot, both with A/C on and A/C off...

any help would be appreciated.

climate control i assume as i have the buttons with a temperature screen. I had the dash board out on the weekend but I am sure that it blew cold after that. I had the dashboard out as just above the steering column and left there is a letterbox type thing where a part of the heater blower leaks water in and the previous owner tried sealing it with silicone. It was still leaking slightly so I put a bit more on around that opening. Not sure if that has any affect on it though as I don't know what that thing is for?

Beaten up 182
A faulty resistor pack will effect the speed of the fan, not temp. The climate control fault is well documented on here and an easy repair. Had to do mine when I bought it.

Cheers fakeConcern I had a look into it last night and found that very same thing when doing a bit testing, all sorted now

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Mines not clunking when I turn air con on, I've looked for the broken cog but it's all ok. Appears to be the leak I've got at the dryer /receiver on mine so might be worth checking you haven't lost gas resulting in the pressure switch not allowing the air con to kick in.