ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 heater fan weirdness.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi All,

Hope someone can shed some light on my current heater fan woes!

So my fan was stuck on hot, but everything else worked fine, so I knew it was split plastic in by the motor. Easy enough fix if a bit awkward.

So I removed the motors, fixed the split ring and reassembled through had a mare trying to get the heat control motor to line up again but seemed to get it in OK eventually.

So, after the fix, I turned on the fan......and nothing g but cold air 🤷‍♂️
Thought I.may have blown a fuse, so I checked every single fuse, which were all good and tried again, but now I've got no fan either!

I've bypassed the resistor pack (which is only a month old) and the fan came on full though still cold but the blower positions refuse to change and the climate control doesn't seem to be working, as in if I put it in AUTO at max temperature it gives it zero fan.

If I bypass the resistor pack, I get full fan regardless of whether it's on auto or off.

What is the holy smurfballs have I done!?

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
When I got mine I had a very similar issue, it turned out to be the heat sensor was plugged into the wrong connector as there are two, presumably for the two variants of the sensor. I swapped it over and it worked perfectly.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When I got mine I had a very similar issue, it turned out to be the heat sensor was plugged into the wrong connector as there are two, presumably for the two variants of the sensor. I swapped it over and it worked perfectly.
Unfortunately it's not that. It was all working fine before.

All I've done is remove the stepper motors, fixed the broken plastic, and reconnected it all back up. Now....Nada!

I've stripped it all back last night and can't see anything wrong anywhere, except that perhaps the new resistor pack has let go again

Anakin

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi TT RS Clio 182
have you been near the temp sensor in the passenger side wing mirror? I had problems when I cut it off also fused the Radio fuse, fixed them 2 and mine worked again.

Fishfire

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
have you been near the temp sensor in the passenger side wing mirror? I had problems when I cut it off also fused the Radio fuse, fixed them 2 and mine worked again.
No, not touch that, but appreciate the heads up.on that.

I've checked every fuse and they're all good.

The heat stepper motor isn't doing anything now and the motor that sets the position of the blower is acting weirdly but not moving if you press another position button.

This has really got me stumped