ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowing Exhaust MOT fail?? FAO MOT Testers

S2000
I've got the teg booked in for its MOT tomorrow morning. I re-fitted the CAT today, but it's blowing a bit at the join between the manifold and CAT.

It seems to be fine when idling, but as its a sprung joint when you rev the engine it tilts and opens up a gap causing the slight blow at the join. Could any MOT testers/anyone who knows advise if it is likely to be an MOT fail, or what sort of limits are usually allowed for a blowing exhaust?

Everything is done up tight so I think it's the gasket needing replaced, but as the car is now out of MOT I really need to put it in for the test tomorrow.

Cheers in advance.

impreza p1, williams 3
i am an MOT tester, i'll tell you one reason i would fail it, if you bring the car in and you haven't bothered filling the washer bottle and making sure your lights work then i'll fail it, nothing worse than bringing a car in with the basics not working! if you cant be bothered sorting simple things out, what else is wrong with the car.
my advice, take the car in clean with all the basic stuff working and the car will pass as long as it isn't a wreck, Mem

RB 182 cup
i am an MOT tester, i'll tell you one reason i would fail it, if you bring the car in and you haven't bothered filling the washer bottle and making sure your lights work then i'll fail it, nothing worse than bringing a car in with the basics not working! if you cant be bothered sorting simple things out, what else is wrong with the car.
my advice, take the car in clean with all the basic stuff working and the car will pass as long as it isn't a wreck, Mem

+1

really does wind me up when people cant be bother to check the simple things. there one of the first tings i check and if they dnt work it kind of sets the mood for the rest of the test.

should pass if its only a slight leak

S2000
Cheers guys, I'll hope for the best in that case. Yeah, checked all the usual culprits and topped up all the fluids.

Gave the car a good look over today and I think that the exhaust is the main thing worrying me, haven't noticed anything else - but don't want to temp fate by saying everything else is fine! haha Didn't have time to give it a clean, but hopefully the mechanical condition of the car will speak for itself.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yes it will pass as long as its still secure, sometime blowing exhausts do fail on lambda readings