ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Dash LEDs

I have heard of people modifying the original orange glow in the dash to a blue one just like in VWs. How do you do this? I thought that the bulbs were normal bulbs with an orange filter in front of them?

Does anyone know how to perform this modification coz it sounds pretty cool, its the one thing i like about volkswagens...

thats right, ud have to replace the orange filter with a blue one - if u can.

the blubs are white.

ive looked in the back of the pannel, and looks very hard to change, ud have to pull the sticky diral front the dials themselves off.

And for some strange reason, the dials are sometimes prone to not working when re - fitting, even if just white dials are fitted.

The whole plastic panel which the dials sit on are ornage, ud have to swap it.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

off topic (ish) but is it the same procedure on mk1s?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i dont know if the dynamique and older clios r the same as i thought about doing this,,

Yes same preocedure on mk1 !! If you can work out what colour can be added to orange to make blue then you could spray the bulbs that colour ??

I have tried to change the Orange film to blue on my MK1. Now I dont have a fuel guage! Cant do it mate. Bright blue LEDs in the top of the dash board and turn the dash lights down

williams 2 turbo

right if you contact the following fella he may be able to help. mailto:colin@dp-motorsport.co.uk">colin@dp-motorsport.co.uk, he had a post up a while ago and he is having a set of dials made up for 16v clios, in whatever backlight you want. im having brushed aliminum with blue lighting. he can have any colour you want made i believe. send him an email. p.s. you can do a search on it, it wasnt posted to long ago.

E90

I had a polo GTi before the 172, and the blue lights is the only thing I miss about it, but after 3 years of blue lights the orange of the Renault was a nice change.