ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Flame?

182 FF Cup options
Does the blue flame exhaust for the 182 make a difference to fuel econimy? and does it loose or increase power?
Dan

Focus ST
Fuel ecomony is either better or the same (could be I drive slower because I like the deeper sound the zorst gives).
Rev's easier now, so I'd say increases power. If you really want improvements go for de-cat..

tiTTy & SV650
it makes me drive slower around town so therefore improves my fuel economy as thats where I do a lot of my driving.

improved low down torque, pulls better in low gears, pulls through the rev range up to the 5k kick better, no before and after figures but I know my car pretty well and can feel a difference although not big.

182 FF Cup options
Its not too muck louder is it? or is it deffening, as i dont want to look like a boy racer lol

Focus ST
handsyboy said:
Its not too muck louder is it? or is it deffening, as i dont want to look like a boy racer lol

I'd say its the best sound you'll get between a std one and a stupid race one. In short, NO not too loud or raspy.

tiTTy & SV650
too loud for my liking at 4k rpm in 5th i.e. at 80mph on motorway or dual carriageway it annoys me.

i love the noise when it starts, burble burble and love the sound when I boot it through 1st 2nd n 3rd sounds pretty awesome, turns heads.

gets a bit annoying when ur on motorway as said but otherwise sounds good. and the fit is excellent.
DSC00629.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

Dirty E91
That's why I normally sit at 90, goes nice and quiet!

Deffo not tinny, gives the the car a deeper exhaust note.

rory182 said:
too loud for my liking at 4k rpm in 5th i.e. at 80mph on motorway or dual carriageway it annoys me.

i love the noise when it starts, burble burble and love the sound when I boot it through 1st 2nd n 3rd sounds pretty awesome, turns heads.

gets a bit annoying when ur on motorway as said but otherwise sounds good. and the fit is excellent.
DSC00629.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

Focus ST
Andyman said:
Horrible tinny sounding exhaust imo. Makes a 182 sound like a 1.2 Nova

You talkin about a Blueflame zorst??

If you are, I think you sadly mistaken. 1. It doesn't sound tinny at all (not from what people have said to me, comments on its deeper tone etc. Never tinny.) 2. Sounds like a 1.2 Nova? I'd challenge any 2.0 litre car to sound like a 1.2 with any zorst. I guess your just trying to make a point.......but failed....;)

Dirty E91
There was a group buy a while back for about £250 (?), think you can get them direct for £250/£300.

They're on Ebay to iirc.

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Had mine a while now and it sounds feckin awsome!! Best zorst for the 182 imo. Looks the part aswell

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
o yeah its best to get it fitted by blueflame aswell cos they do a really good job and if anything is not right they will sort it free of charge

tiTTy & SV650
its not the best 182 exhaust but its best value for money and any good garage will fit it for around £50 and help u out of not quite right at no extra charge.

Ph1
Gweebs said:
You talkin about a Blueflame zorst??

If you are, I think you sadly mistaken. 1. It doesn't sound tinny at all (not from what people have said to me, comments on its deeper tone etc. Never tinny.) 2. Sounds like a 1.2 Nova? I'd challenge any 2.0 litre car to sound like a 1.2 with any zorst. I guess your just trying to make a point.......but failed....;)

Yes the Blueflame

Well put it this way, there was a group of us stood talking and this lad who has one on his 182 booted it away and we all turned and looked at each other and commented how sh*t it sounded!!

Ok maybe using the word tinny was a bit harsh but from outside the car (which is a total different ball game to what you hear inside it) it sounded a pretty high pitched kinda raspy noice. Definetly not a deep tone compered to a Magnex, Prospeed etc.

i cant comment about the vfm or quality which seems pretty good going by the above posts :)

golf r32 dsg
my car goes in as the development on monday 11th, i will post video clips up as soon as i get the car back mate.

then u can decide from there.

Nissan 350Z
I've got one.

It sounds ok. Not as good as I thought based on watching the videos though. Sounds kinda deep from inside, with a sort of raspiness when passing around the 4k mark. Then after it hits 5k it sounds kinda like the standard system but a bit more aggressive.

I dont think it sounds like a noba, but i hoped it would sound a little better than it does. A little too much boom and not enough growl for my liking. However, I am going to get a simota twin charger, so it might sound quite different with that.

Cant comment on what it sounds like to an outsider though.

Car definitely feels a bit more eager throughout the rev range though, so thats a definite plus.