ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue iIlumination

Im thinking of taking the Cups instrument pannel out and changing all the orange bulbs for blue ones.

Do you think this will work?

Is it too much work ? (2002 dash a bit of a pain to take apart?)

Is there anyway you could change the colour of the tem/radio station dispaly to blue?

Scott

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

You can get those ultra blue LEDs to replace dash bulbs, so it should work ok I reckon.

Is it the actual bulbs that give the orange glow? Coz I know on the mk1 clio there is an orange film in the actual dial, so changing the bulb itself wont make a difference. I know this because I really wanted to do it.

If you look on ebay theres usually people selling the blue LEDs already soldered into the osram connectors. (Think vauxhalls use the same ones)

Lionel Richie

I thhink Ben P is right, itd not a coloured bulb.

Although you could try a different coloured bulb to see what colour comes through????

Blue bulb + orange filter = Puple light????? sounds good!!!!

Nah I really wanted blue, I may have to take it out and have a look.

Is it easy to take out the instrument pannel?

Scott

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I know on some cars that its a coloured lens (often on the dials) that dictates the colour of illumination, but on others it is a coloured bulb.

320d M Sport

it was the same on my old VTR, used to shine thru as green, got white dials fitted which looked good in the day but at night the shone through as a sh*tty orangey, didnt look that good to be honest!! Was a right arse to do as well!!

Uh, When I put my Blue Bulbs in my Mk1, it came out dirty green/orange. Was awful - Changed back within 10mins.

Daz.