ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue smoke at 5k rpm

Clio 182
Hi I have just got a clio 182, chucks slight blue smoke at 5k, has a induction and miltek full system on, with a possible empty cat.
What could it be?

Keep a check on the oil level, if it doesn't use much don't worry, most of the engines I've had will use a little bit near the redline, although 5k sounds low. Also have you got the right grade of oill in there, as that will do it too.

Clio 182
Just got it, gonna put 5w40 synthetic oil in, will keep an eye on it, seems stems are expensive and an engine is the same. Was hoping it was just condensation, but doubt it.

Water smoke will be clear, i.e steam. Get a lot of that from the 182 in the winter... even when warm and ticking over... But not at the moment. I'd check the oil and go from there. See if it's really burning oil.

Clio 182
Mine did this and it started using more oil over the last two months. So it needs a new engine as the piston rings have gone.

RB Clio 182
I'd feel a dropped valve under load wouldn't I? Have a lumpy idle?

Yes you would im not saying that you have a dropped valve, im saying I dont read many threads of blowing blue smoke or any other internal problems tbh, apart from when the belts havnt been done correctly.