ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blueflame on 182...Noisy???

Full Fat Black/Gold 182
Only had it on for a week and TBH it's pissing me off a bit :dapprove:

I love the subtle bassy sound it has at idle and with little probs of the throttle but when driving there's a droning noise coming from the downpipe area..it just seems that not much noise is coming out of the backbox's but it's just making the engine sh*t loads more noisy! It's a bit of a pain on the motorway also.About 2.5 ish revs is were it makes the most noise.

Is this the way all aftermarket exhausts are on the 182 or is it a problem with a joint etc on my system?

alien green rs133
sounds like either you have a naff join or restricted exhaust would have to hear car in person, and you too far away bud sorry

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
All aftermarket exhausts I've heard on the 182's get a bit boomy at motorway revs. I think it's to do with the exhaust design, and the floorpan design.

182cup/D40/Hornet
As Hutchie says sounds more like a joint if it's coming from the downpipe area,check the joints onto the cat

tiTTy & SV650
noisy at 70mph quietens down at 80mph lol

I have a vid from my old car, will dig it out.

Alan may still have the vid

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I found my Exhaust was more Boomy with the Cat in, Get a Decat if you haven't got one and although the Exhaust will become Louder it will also become less Boomy in my experience

I really struggled with mine, wouldn't seal at all, so ended up welding the whole thing on. ha ha!

Full Fat Black/Gold 182
Cheers guys :(

Will just get it checked out on a ramp and MIGHT even get it changed back to standard.Eek.

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
I got a blue flame.

Luckly i only had one problem with it not sitting properly keeps on dropping!

182 Racing Blue, Recaros
Is it a brand new system? The do take a while to settle.

Nope has been on for ages, Deb had put on car. Just got mark fish to have a look and tighten up brackets probably get it checked again when in for the next service.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
My Blueflame tends to be a bit boomy @ 70mph like Rory stated. It does blow a bit from cold, but once warm doesnt cause me any issues. It sounds / looks better than standard IMO.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are all boomy imo. had various exhausts on the Cup i had (172) and 182. The only one i got on with was the Milltek, BUT the fit on that thing was SHOCKING. So that went too. Best set up imo was decat, and standard system.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
All aftermarket exhausts I've heard on the 182's get a bit boomy at motorway revs. I think it's to do with the exhaust design, and the floorpan design.

I had a Janspeed on my 182 and it was not at all boomy, before I had the Janspeed I had a prospeed and that was sending me deaf so it had to go