ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth GPS receiver

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know renaults block sat nav signals from TomToms, but is there any bletooth GPS receivers anyone knows about that work? Is it just the windscreen that blocks it or does all the glass?

BMW 330D
My tomtom works fine in my car and i have the purpley coloured windscreen (light sensor and rain sensor)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Really? My friends wouldn't work at all? and i've heard people say the same on here.

BMW 330D
Ive got a Tomtom One (the older one) and it works fine through the windscreen never had any problems at all.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i use tomtom on my phone and place my bluetooth receiver in the middle of the screen under the non reflective cutout which is there for french toll devices, its clear glass so is not reflective and therefore as long as its pointing through that works a treat.

Sold the sport :(
There is a section in the middle of the screen at the dash which you can see is clear compared to the rest - thats where you need to put the antenna/gps unit then it works fine

Si

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cool ok, would it work through the rear windscreen? what software you guys using? I'll be using a N73, any free ones, or am i going to have to buy one?

Sold the sport :(
Should do as thats not got the coating on it. I've got a Garmin i3 but also my pda hooks upto my holux GPSlim236 bluetooth GPS unit and works well

I use velcro to stick my BT gps receiver where the cut out is works 75% of the time if I get a lock on first.

My old Tomtom Go would not work 100% with out relocating an external aerial to the rear of the car!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Cool ok, would it work through the rear windscreen? what software you guys using? I'll be using a N73, any free ones, or am i going to have to buy one?
i have an N73 running the latest version of tomtom and its very good.

need to have your firmware uptodate though as only the latest FW is any good with bluetooth, the older one is not and has big problems connecting and keeping connections. I have an orange with a recent FW and its perfect.

Clio 172mk2
the newer ones are better for recieving , its the uv protection on the glass that stops it i think, ive got a bluetooth gps reciever in boot under parcel shelf works fine ,