ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth OBD readers.

Who uses what and whats recomended?
I'm thinking of buying this one as i dont wanna go all out and splash out £50+ on one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0

Just curious what you guys use and what recomendations you have.
I'll be useing my phone to connect it witch is a LG G3 if that helps in any way,
It wont be used heavly just as a hooby/DIY code reader and a bit of a toy really when i connect it to the tourqe app.

Thanks,

dan's cast offs.
seriously cheapy obd readers are a waste of money, the amount of things they won't show is unbelievable!!!!!
the launch ones for not much over £100 aren't too bad for diy use, will do abs/srs and think airbag?

Well it's really just for seeing live data and other cool things you can do and reading the odd code here and there so i know what to fix, not too fussed if its able to turn the dash lights off as my friend can plug it in properly for me for free, but its just a hassle trying to get him to plug it in and what not when i can do it on the cheep on my driveway.

Thanks dude no problems with it then? i may get that one then.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Doesn't it draw poer constantly even with the car off?
Yeah I think it does but it must be a tiny tiny amount. I dont keep mine in all the time, novelty of live feed wears off after a day or two.
By the way it did take a week or two for delivery, it comes from China. The bluetooth pair code isnt what is in the manual or box but it is guessable cant remember exactly what it is but its probably 1234 , 4321, 0000 etc.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I leave mine connected 24/7 in the ST. No battery problems at all after almost two years and 33k miles. As far as I can tell when the car's off all it does it illuminate a tiny LED to signify it's plugged in.

Yeah got it 3 days ago in the post, works well pretty cool for a £5 but it did take a while to arrive, but it was litrally plug and play no issues. Its even worked in my friends cupra, good little device for a fiver cant go wrong :)

01 Clio 172 PH1
depends how much you drive your car..these car drain your battery if left plugged in for two weeks

i got a cloned one from my friend...works fine with my 172/oneplus one/torque

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was left plugged in when I had my neck operation in early January, I didn't drive my car for four weeks.

No issues at all when I came to brave driving it for the first time.

01 Clio 172 PH1
actually this reminded me...if its a legit version it can go into sleep mode and be left plugged in

i considered diying a display using the adapter but the update frequency is too slow to be useful in my case 😧