ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC Airbox

BMW 320d Sport

Ive just been on the blower to BMC about the carbon airbox and it seems there is now one that is designed specifically for the 172 which is 150mm diameter and 160mm long. That size will be perfect for my 16v but how big are the inlet and outlet flanges? Are they 85mm or 70mm? Anyone know?

whats the price of that, and what else would i need to get to fit it, how do you see this comparing to the new hill power induction kit?

BMW 320d Sport

Well I think its around 150 but not sure. Its not exactly a bolt on mod but wheres the fun in sticking on something actually designed to fit?

Should perform a lot better than the HP kit. Ive had plenty of different induction systems over the years, and the HP was the best induction kit, but its airboxes all the way for me now. The airbox with K&N element works very well, but now its time to get serious.

BMW 320d Sport

The only other bits you will need are a ram-scoop in the bumper plus the hose to hook it up to the original air feed in the engine bay, then a Samco 90 degree bend with an 83mm ID. and 2 or 3 big jubilee clips.

BMW 320d Sport

And what size is the outlet of the box Simon, is it 80mm as well?

Matthew, while youre on here, I need to reroute some of my oil cooler lines and basically need to extend one. Do you do an inline connector thing for the braided oil hoses and then I can just use another short length of pipe that Ive already got to extend it? Just something very short with the right male thread on each end?