ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CAF

Clio Sport Ph2
Hi guys,

I recently bought BMC CDA filter and still haven't install it because I don't know where to mount CAF pipe because there's no space at all.

Does anybody have some pics to help me where to put it.

Thanks

clio sport 182
do u have aircon,if so ur gona have a hard time,i sold mine for the same reason,to many bends in the caf just made my car feel like crap

black/gold 182
i fitted mine, used a samco elbow, that i cut about an inch or so off so that i could bend the CAF down where the old CAF went and removed the acoustic valve, then got a trumpet to finish it off in the fog light hole. Made masive improvement on mine, around 6-7mph at 1/4 mile.
Picture012.jpg

n518865021_5323652_5903.jpg

n518865021_5323650_5183.jpg

black/gold 182
take wheel and inner arch off, then take off all the oem CAF and the acoustic valve, then route the new CAF down were the original was, i'm no mechanic wis and took me around an hour, well worth it in my opinion, gives induction noise from the where the trumpet is!! :)
pics of where it goes down here
22032009027.jpg

22032009026.jpg

Clio Sport Ph2
I will try to remove acoustic valve, but if it's too much trouble I will sell BMC, to much pain in the ass just for filter. :-(

clio sport 182
i tried that but felt it ruin the power,im not saying your lying etc lol obviously just different on all cars

172 Cup
I had one of these on my Luop GTi and worked and sounded nice oncde the caf was routed properly. Bit expensive for what it is, wich they made a cheaper non carbon version.

Will

Clio Sport Ph2
I have just put it...it took me about 2,5 hrs.

Here's some pic:

Bumper down:

This is to remove (is this what you call "acoustic valve"?)

I had to cut this metal plate so that tube can go trough:

Cutted:

Filter on place:

CAF:

The horn is pressing it slightly so it can't move nowhere:

Nice cold air enter beneath the car, mmmm:)

sport 172
i changed a V6 filter box with a K&N cone filter fitted inside for a CDA. not got the CAF on yet, but its got better throtle response and is quieter too!! still got a good sound when you give it some beans, but not as annoying as the V6 set up..
only paid £50 for it so i`m not complaining :)

mini cooper
Hi,

I have jus fitted BMC CAF to standard airfeed on wheel arch and have noticed a drastic reduction of sound from when was running without CAF, Is this a problem? Does it mean not sucking in sufficient cold air? will it affect performance?

cheers for help

Andreas

Golf GTD Mk7
andreas1988 said:
Hi,

I have jus fitted BMC CAF to standard airfeed on wheel arch and have noticed a drastic reduction of sound from when was running without CAF, Is this a problem? Does it mean not sucking in sufficient cold air? will it affect performance?

cheers for help

Andreas

Normal mate. Nothing to worry about

seems like every has the same trouble with these filters im guna try and fix mine up to the old air feed and see how it goes.