ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC for MK1 172

Hi guys, I was thinking to buy a Viper, but found out that BMC CDA is cheaper and is as good as Viper. I am thinking about buying the BMC now.

Searched the forum but there is no picture of CDA on a MK1 172. Any of u guys have a picture of it?? I found it in BMCs web site but its not detailed. I am not sure, but the hose in the kit doesnt look like a flexible one like the Vipers one, is that true? If so how am I supposed to find a place for it to breathe?? On the other hand, is the hose long enough for me to place it behind the grill, down the bottom of bumper, like the pictures of Viper kits in this forum??

Another question, I know that Passion motorsports supply these for 169 quid inc VAT (Which I wont have to pay), have anyone found anywhere cheaper, or a Viper kit which costs around same price??

Cheers...

STOP!!!!

1- I have a zillion pictures of fitting BMCs on mk1s including full routing for the inlet hose etc etc.

2- Why do you want one. Ive just fitted a BMC to my cup and although top end is slightly better and definitely noisier, low end is same. I ordered mine via passionm and waited - and waited - 7 bloody weeks.

Defo not worth it, but if you insist pm me your email and Ill send you the gazillion pictures..

no, no, the new BMC sp08 is actually smaller than a viper 160mm long by 150mm diameter. Fits nice n lurvely in ze cup... The inlet ducting however is made of hard aluminium and is a real MOTHER **&&%% to fit.

Lovely sound though and looks the dogs danglies..

Hmm, OK, the inlet ducting is the problem then like I guessed, the one comes with viper is much easier to fit by the looks of it... I read somewhere in the forum that ( I think it was Simon172s post) the viper makes a good gain in MK1 172 but didnt do the same job in MK2. I think I will go for a Viper then. So where can I find the cheapest Viper? I know it was mentioned somewhere in the forum but I just cant find it anymore :(

BTW BenR I will not fit forged pistons and etc (like I wrote in another topic), all the engine apart from the cylinder head is coming new from France, the crankshaft will be balanced as u recommended (the parts will be rectified before fitting as well).

Thanks

OK then, 6bhp as u have mentioned is good enough for me out of an air filter :) Hopefully, I will get a similar output.