ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW M2 - questions!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Windows don't look factory, its a CAT N but seems to have been repaired to a very high standard.

25k, all others seem to be over 30k even for the non comp

My fear is that with the new tax rules next year prices for anything used and nice will continue to be high, go up and if I leave it another few years I'll never get into something more modern and nice.....

I think the car, other than maybe the windows looks fairly standard?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Not an option currently - I wouldn't be entertaining a CAT S but potentially don't mind an N too much if its been repaired to a high standard

I figure its cheap now and when I resell it the value will still be proportionally lower than other non category cars?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly no pics:

1636215159140.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Abit of a pity, but if the quality of the work is good thats the main thing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I’d want to see pictures of the damage, and find out the insurance value before committing. From memory they don’t value them well if they’re registered, could find quite a shortfall in the value they’ll pay out in the event of an accident/theft versus what you’ve paid.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Im so nervous, just waiting for invoice to be emailed for the deposit. £500. I've not seen car yet.

Deal is, if I find stuff I don't like and has not been described they will refund the deposit. They seem quite straight up so far.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I’d want to see pictures of the damage, and find out the insurance value before committing. From memory they don’t value them well if they’re registered, could find quite a shortfall in the value they’ll pay out in the event of an accident/theft versus what you’ve paid.
Thats what my father said to me. Any ideas on how to find insurance value?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
And yes - I would feel much more comfortable seeing pictures of damage - dealer has none, came to them repaired - is down as light side/panel damage on their system - no wheels ripped off etc, would guess thats more likely to be down as CAT S

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is there any kind of Gap type insurance you can buy to cover the difference between an insurance payout and what you'd have in it?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Write off and not even a competition. Nah.
Not the help I was after lol

Competition is like 40k I have been in a non comp and a comp and personally don't mind no competition pack - they are still nice cars.

I don't have an issue with CAT N (repair quality permitting) and don't care about the stigma attached to it.

What else would you buy for 25k that wasn't boring?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If he can’t afford to then it’s a good way to buy a very nice car.

Down side is it will always be worth less than one that hasn’t been accident damaged. So the net outlay could be quite similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes thats the catch here. I can't afford 35k and don't want to borrow any money/finance and we have a house extension happening next year.

Fully understand and appreciate that it will always be worth less than a non damaged car.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Not the help I was after lol

Competition is like 40k I have been in a non comp and a comp and personally don't mind no competition pack - they are still nice cars.

I don't have an issue with CAT N (repair quality permitting) and don't care about the stigma attached to it.

What else would you buy for 25k that wasn't boring?

Do you like the new Megane 4 RS.

£25k can get you a very nice low mileage used one of those?

Interior won’t be as nice as the BMW but it will be more practice and just as much fun to drive.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Other options considered were E92 M3, I have an E46 M3 (ish) and have been in lots and right now I just want a modern fast car which I don't have to worry about fixing every weekend.

I want something 2017ish so I don't get bummed on tax, can't afford a 2017 C63, not keen on the older 63's - nice M4 is a bit pricey and not really my cup of tea (im not a rude boy init). Don't want an Audi or anything Italian... Can't afford a nice GTR.... im really quite stuck.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If he can’t afford to then it’s a good way to buy a very nice car.

Down side is it will always be worth less than one that hasn’t been accident damaged. So the net outlay could be quite similar.

Its more the getting rid of it that would lie in my mind. Personally, i’d never buy anything regardless how good a fix it was that was registered damaged, to each their own!

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Its more the getting rid of it that would lie in my mind. Personally, i’d never buy anything regardless how good a fix it was that was registered damaged, to each their own!

I’ve never bought anything accident damaged before either. But I wouldn’t rule it out completely depending on the circumstances.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Thats actually bloodly lovely

Im my head I want something RWD and BMW again, but that does make me rethink life.

Only thing that would make it that much nicer would be the sports interior. Is manual, don’t know if it’s got the cup suspension or not. I love that colour.

Here is one in white with the EDC box as well. Don’t know what interior it has.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Lexus ISF and Jaguar XFR are very good alternative options and well within budget.
I tried to buy an ISF last year - for me they are the ultimate V8 in terms of reliability, I think they will continue to appreciate too. Very well reminded.

XFR im not into (XFR shooting brake would be epic tho), I love the XKR (my dad has one), quite into this:

The £600 a year tax annoys me though - over 10 years the difference between £155 a year and 600 is only £4.5k so not really the end of the world, just hyper annoying.

Im also a bit concerned about what might happen over the next 5 years fuel wise and whether the govt. will back track and target big CO2 emitter such as the ISF and XFR.....

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
They've also just sent me a vid of them reving the s**t out of the M2 - I guess to try and impress me but its done the opposite.

I've got invoice for deposit, suspect I can risk it and delay transferring the money until later this evening while I mull it over.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
ISF would be very good reliability wise. I have often considered them myself, far more reliable then the usual German suspects. Get a facelift with a diff and should be a great car.

XFR i think is worth considering, facelift 2011 onwards are nice. Very fast car 50-70 in 1.9 seconds, handle well and comfy. Real split personality car. Some good tuning options as well. For a Jag quite reliable to.

I wouldn't worry too much about what may or may not happen in 5 years just enjoy it in the moment even if it's for a year or two.

I wouldn't buy a CAT N M2 and genuinely think you would be disappointed, at the price point there are some other great options.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
ISF would be very good reliability wise. I have often considered them myself, far more reliable then the usual German suspects. Get a facelift with a diff and should be a great car.

XFR i think is worth considering, facelift 2011 onwards are nice. Very fast car 50-70 in 1.9 seconds, handle well and comfy. Real split personality car. Some good tuning options as well. For a Jag quite reliable to.

I wouldn't worry too much about what may or may not happen in 5 years just enjoy it in the moment even if it's for a year or two.

I wouldn't buy a CAT N M2 and genuinely think you would be disappointed, at the price point there are some other great options.
All good points. The ISF after 2010 with diff etc demands quite a chunk of money but would be awesome.

I've just never been that into the XF's in general but don't doubt they are brilliant.