ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

body coloured rear spoiler

hi.. i have the usual black rear spoiler fitted on my 2002 dynamique.

i want a body coloured one and my local renault quoted around £250 for it painted (nautical blue)

anyone recommend somewhere that can do it cheaper etc ?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Dealers always charge far too much for painting, you are much better taking it to a paint/bodyshop who do this sort of work all the time and are more reasonable pricewise. They can match any colour getting the paint code from under the bonnet.

Often if you offer to pay in cash, they will knock off the VAT. You would never get this at a dealer. Do you have a mate who can recommend a good bodyshop? If not, have a look at the Yellow Pages in your area.

Lionel Richie

ive just done mine today, and it looks mint. £250 bloody hell, Renault are taking the piss!!!!! i did mine for a total cost of £15!!!!! You could drive to my house, give me £15 and drive home all for less than £250!!! A decent bodyshop shoulddnt charge you anymore than £50-£70to do your spoiler

the £250 included buying a pre-primed spoiler... and then getting it painted.

think it was £150 for the spoiler and £100 for paint job

Lionel Richie

dont bother getting the pre-primed spoiler cos its exactly the same as the un-primed one, buy the normal one and take it to a body shop, theyll prime and spray it for you. Honestly dont pay £250

I have a 172 original rear spoiler sitting in my store room, in Pearl black, no scratches. Just got a Renault sport extended version fitted. But Im in HK so I dont know how much to ask for it! Make me an offer..

i already have the black spoiler on mine just now... wasnt sure if i had to get a new one... or if the one already on it could be painted etc

GR7

Shiny red R32

Chenks If your spoiler is already primed, you could get it painted for about £40, maybe another £10 for primer.

Lionel Richie

The side mouldings for the 172 come in primer ie are already smooth. The ones on the sandard clio are dimpled plastic, and these need leveling off with filler primer, again any body shop should be able to sort this no problems

blackclio...have you got a pic of the renaultsport extended spoiler? id really like to have a look at it...else a pic of your car would be great...how much does the spoiler cost? available in HK? im in singapore...

mail me at konahead@renaultcarclub.com, please

thanks a bunch!

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

allo johnboy, what does the double roof spoiler look like? do you have a pic?

i have the 172 spoiler on now but find it a bit too inconspicuous...looking at options now...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

Konahead, Ill mail you a pic of the spoiler as soon as I can, it costed about 1,200 HK$ with the LED rear light, and another 1,200 to paint (OVEN) and fit by the dealer in HK. Its a lot heavier then the original 172 spoiler but does look much better.

Konahead, I was just looking at the 172 gallary on this site and Jas has posted is Clio (Silver) with the Extended spoiler, you can see it there.

thanks black clio...is it available in hongkong ex-stock? who do i approach, if i do decide to get it?

please advise...thanks in advance...

kona
www.renaultcarclub.com

Oh, and if they dont do overseas shipping, you might want to contact Trinity Motorsport in HK and ask for Billy, just mention my name and hell sort you out. His tel (852) 96627627 fax (852) 23109673