ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body shop price for repair

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Anyone had a body shop repair the jack points and treat to prevent rust and paint.

Resized_20190625_102224.jpeg

Resized_20190625_102309.jpeg

I've checked loads of threads but can't find any prices for professional work being carried out, any ideas anyone?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Drive to the best local bodyshop you can find and ask for a quote, they're free. I reckon if I gave you a price, another bodyshop could be half and the one after that double.

Google reviews, facebook reviews etc. Research!

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Hi Kevin, I understand I'm not going to get a definitive answer and price will differ from place to place was just wondering if everyone had just had a go themselves or had a professional take care of it.
Local places with good reputation are yourselves at Protek also Car and Bike. I messaged you earlier on about another car to ask if I need to make an appointment with Protek for a quote or if I could just turn up and wait for somebody to have a look and quote me?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm thinking about tackling this very job myself, I'm thinking Deox gel, electrox then some good black underseal.

Mine are worse than yours

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Tackle it yourself if no welding needed, get a load of Bilt hamber products on. Most bodyshops will only flash it over with the d/a and chuck some rust convertor on and it will return quite fast

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
So just to confirm as I'm going to have a go at behind the fuel flap too -

deox gel, electrox then my choice of top coat/underseal is the way to go or is there a need for hydrate 80 or use that rather than deox?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Theres 2 approaches i tend to do on this

One is deox gel, if any rust pitting left bosh some hydrate 80 on to convert, zinc primer on converted metal, paint of choice and it will slow the corrosion down and get a few years out of it. Its relatively easy and fast to do.

2nd approach is the long winded one

Apply the deox gel until its back to nice clean metal and all rust pitting has gone, a few goes should take it all off which could take several days, cling film it so it does not dry out and ir works epic. Underseal is not the best, i would go for an epoxy primer then top coat, body colour or whatever and look at a dintrinol wax to go over it on the underside bits.

Fuel filler, make sure you get all the rust off the inside as thats where it seems to lurk.

@Ant1 has done a few bits he may be able to advise furthur on the matter ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Theres 2 approaches i tend to do on this

One is deox gel, if any rust pitting left bosh some hydrate 80 on to convert, zinc primer on converted metal, paint of choice and it will slow the corrosion down and get a few years out of it. Its relatively easy and fast to do.

2nd approach is the long winded one

Apply the deox gel until its back to nice clean metal and all rust pitting has gone, a few goes should take it all off which could take several days, cling film it so it does not dry out and ir works epic. Underseal is not the best, i would go for an epoxy primer then top coat, body colour or whatever and look at a dintrinol wax to go over it on the underside bits.

Fuel filler, make sure you get all the rust off the inside as thats where it seems to lurk.

@Ant1 has done a few bits he may be able to advise furthur on the matter ?

Not had to do fuel filler as mine are all good but done plenty to sills. The pics at very top look good so i wouldn’t mess around to much.

Tbh to get a full understanding of what work might/not need doing I would remove the side skirts and door cards to see what’s what first.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Will do guys the product list will come in handy and thanks for the advice.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi, my apologies if I hadn't replied. I don't really get notifications on here like I used to. I actually assumed you were down south as you don't get much info next to your name.

It's definitely the type of thing you can do yourself and your particular issues looks early.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
That's the better one of my Clio's I'm trying to get on top of this one early. You saw the fuel filler on my other motor I think it definitely needs professional help.