ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Body Shop Reccomendation

Hi, can anyone help with a reccomendation of a good body shop in the Mid Kent area? I had a slight disagreement with a wall at work (it was that or probably write off the front end of my car on a skip that some r****d had dumped in the most stupid place), well needless to say I scraped the rear passenger side of my car and rippled the wheel arch. Ive already had one quote at £300 plus vat but its where I work in London (and they want my car for 3 days), thought it was a good idea to start with then thought I may get a bit stuck trying to get too and from work.

Basically needs a respray on the rear wing and a bit of pannel beating on the wheel arch. Id rather go with somebodys reccomendation than spend 3 weeks phoning around trying to find someone who I think I can trust with my car.

Thanks

I live in SE london/Kent border. I use V&G Crash repairs, they do many exotic motors and have a really good reputation. Theyre not too expensive either but always busy!

Rob, where abouts are they based? I live in Maidstone but drive up thru Sidcup and onto the A2 everyday so not a massive problem for me. Just need to get it done, I cringe everytime I look at it....

Cool, turn off at crittles corner and take the left turning off of the big roundabout, on the right there a couple of bodyshops, V&G is the one with the green fence. If you have any problems i can show you were it is as i work 2 mins from them.

-Rob

Oh right, I think I know where it is, I used to work in Footscray so remember that area, well kinda anyway. Ill give em a call. Thanks.

i live in maidstone aswell, i get my body stuff done by hi-lite finishings, he did my mates civic if you have seen that around

MD... where abouts are they? As for the Civic, I only know one person with a Civic in maidstone and they only got it 3 weeks ago.... I dont tend to frequent the Old St Peters street meetings... although Ive seen the cars as I live up that way.... Whats your mates Civic look like?

The bodyshop is up on heath road in coxsheath, he is smoothing my boot next week.

The civic im talking about is the silver wide arch wings west one, 18ins, carbon fibre bonnet and two spoilers. he lives round the corner from me in bearsted

Oh thats cool, only up the road really. Ive probably seen it around but not registered it in my head. Ill keep a look out for it now youve said. What car do you drive?

i drive a series 1 clio its red with full body kit,wheels the lot really, there is a pic in the other clios gallery section of this website, have a look see if you recognise it.

Where do you live then?

so you aint seen my car around, as far as i know there are only two modded clios in maidstone. Do you work or go college?

I probably have seen it around, I just dont go out that much. I work, in the Docklands, and drive in, get in early so I can leave at a respectable time in the afternoon.

LOL, nope, I get home at about 6ish... the perils of working in London.... Yeah it is nice to know, Im not the only one...

Bodyline behind the citroen garage on the sutton road are ok,just ask for the quote there and then otherwise they send it to you by post

Ill be phoning them later :eek:) which garage do you go to for servicing? mine needs doing as its slightly over but not going back to Tunbridge Wells and no other Renault Main dealer seems to be bothered in answering the phone.

i usually do most of the stuff myself but if anything needs doing i go to a little garage over by the prison, quite good and cheap and ive taken my car there all its life.do you go down motorworld on a friday night sometimes as the peters street cruise has moved there

I used to take my old car to the garage over the road but then it was only a low engine size Pug 106 nothing specical, but theyve screwed up my other halfs 205 GTi rather well so dont want to take it back there.

Ive never done the St Peters Street cruise, when the noise they make keeps you awake until 4 in the morning when you have to get up at 6, you tend to hate them and end up very happy they moved....

Hi Rob,

Im looking round for some quotes to get my rear passenger side fixed too after some stupid woman hit me and am looking into having it all clour coded too. Is V&G on the road leading to Footscray Ind park, with Comet etc along it ? Am going to pop down at the weekend.

Cheers