ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bong noise when driving

Clio 182 cup
Driving into work today and hit 80mph down a dual carridge way and the car gave off 3 dongs. Drove about 5 miles and then it gave 3 dongs at 50mph. This has seemed to happen when I put the car in the diagnostic mode where you hold down the button on the right hand stalk and then turn on the ignition. Anybody know what it means and how to turn it off coz it's bloody annoying.

Clio 182 cup
Well just done a search and it sounds like some sort of overspeed warning. Does anybody know how to disable this without going to renault?

Clio 182 cup
it's the sound when you put the clio in the diagnostic mode where it tests the gauges etc and it beeps. As soon as i hit 80mph it goes "Bing, bing, bing". Don't know how to take the thing off lol.

I've read on here that the 182's in Dubai have an overspeed warning built into the UCH and it's disabled in other countries. Could this be the problem? Or has it only just started?

Is there anyway to set an overspeed warning in them from diagnostic mode maybe?

Clio 182 cup
yeah it's weird, first time it's ever happened to the car and the last thing i did was put the car in the diagnostic mode to have a look at it.

2003 MR2 Roadster
it's the sound when you put the clio in the diagnostic mode where it tests the gauges etc and it beeps. As soon as i hit 80mph it goes "Bing, bing, bing". Don't know how to take the thing off lol.

You sure there's not a grandfather clock in your boot!!

I've done some research for you and it seems as though this bong noise is usually caused by the user leaving his Black Sunday CD in the player whilst looping on "Hits from the bong", which will explain these bong noises you speak of

Clio 182 cup
lol cheeky sods, i'll have to see if it's there on the way home. Getting the cambelt done at GDI in a few weeks so i might ask if they know anything.