ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet - 1 or 2 person job?

RenaultSport 172
Hello all

Just a quick question to ask anyone who's fitted a bonnet to a clio/car...

Is it a 1 person or 2 person job?

I dont quite know if im a bit thick in asking this?

Any assistance would be mucho appreciated.

Many Thanks

2 , ive removed one by myself without too much bother, but putting it back on by yourself will be very tricky without scratching wings or chipping corners, but im sure its been done. Tape the pointy bits on the bonnet, tape your wings......cover as much as possible if your going to have a go.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Im sure some hero will say they do it on their own, but I personally would always aim to have 2 people when fitting a bonnet, its a PITA on your own and completely trivial with 2.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Its possible on your own as said but its far easier with 2 people

RenaultSport 172
Cheers guys, ill have to ask a mate to help then to be on the safe side. Dont want to scratch any paint work.

Thanks all for the help. :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Im sure some hero will say they do it on their own, but I personally would always aim to have 2 people when fitting a bonnet, its a PITA on your own and completely trivial with 2.

unless its a mk1, sooooooo much easier with bonnet opening 'the wrong' way ;)

RenaultSport 172
On another note, has anyone ever got a bonnet into the back of a clio (for a clio obvs) ?

Im picking one up tonight, in the hope I can get it in.

350Z

I've fitted two simultaneously whilst furiously dancing to gangnam style with the utmost accuracy

RenaultSport 172
Is there anyone local able to help me fit this? Im in Hinckley in Leicestershire. Theres also a bolt with the head broke off stuck in the bonnet. Not sure if this would affect it?
Obviously there is some dollar involved.
Let me know :)

Inferno 182
I'd say 3 lol, I was helping my dad swap a bonnet on his jag, the bolt was tight so when I undone it the bonnet pinged of the hinge and put a huge crack in the window :/

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
How many cliosport forum users does it take to change a bonnet/light bulb...

Lol.

RenaultSport 172
A bonnet is a bit different to a light bulb... If a bonnet could be easily done by 1 person I would have done it already.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
A bonnet is a bit different to a light bulb... If a bonnet could be easily done by 1 person I would have done it already.

Yea, bonnet has no bayonet fittings last time I checked. ;)

Managed to lug mine about to paint & refit but then again wasn't precious about it getting marked.

Indisputably easier with two mind.