ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bonnet clips

172 ph2
Been speaking to my mate today and he told me something that scared me. he said there is a known issue with the clio sports that the bonnect clip fails and it flips up when driving. is this an issue? coz mite be worth my while going to renault..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lol you have been on here since 05 and never heard of the renault bonnet catch issue?

Take it to the dealer mate.... soon.

immaculate clio 172
oh bloody hell lol better get onto renault tommorow i rekon, is it a known recall or something or will it cost me etc cheers ?

T

thecremeegg

Its a recall, just book it in, takes them 30 mins or so, mine had to be replaced and cost nothing

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
it was a recall but only up to cars made before 2005, not sure if its sports but my old lawn mower pwerd clio got fixd by renault free, obviously tho at the same time they noticed i needed oil n a few other bits so got money that way

172 cup
i took mine in the other week because i had no proof it had been checked, they booked it in and had the car two hours as they also did a 99 point check and cleaned it inside and out, all free of charge, the bloke told me it's now policy to replace the latch when a clio comes in for a service rather than just checking it.

Previous owner of mine never bothered to get the catch replaced so the last I was at Renault my catch got replaced, I hadn't even mentioned it and they replaced it, free of charge obviously.

RS 172+
Took my 172 into a Renault dealer a couple of weeks ago for replacement fan. They fixed the bonnet catch free of charge when it was there.
They can access their database and check if it has been done or not.