ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet damage

just wondering how the paint chipped there even if damaged in post...looks more like vent has been grafted on and the seal is cracking apart....like a stick on vent.

Sure its a proper, official Renault bonnet? Cus the Valver bonnets are one piece - including the vent I believe.

Quote: Originally posted by welshy1979 on 18 September 2003

just wondering how the paint chipped there even if damaged in post...looks more like vent has been grafted on and the seal is cracking apart....like a stick on vent.
agreed! which would mean its not a valver bonnet!

you sure it was damaged in the post, as a stuck on vent would crack with time anyway?????

I thought bonnets and vents had to be purchased seperatly from renault?

NE way, I think the vent has been grafted on as underneath the bonnet looks the same as my old one. I know eventually the vent would crack but this was paint that had chipped away down to the bare metal, dont know how it happenned.

so ok then, its not a valver bonnet - bought it looks a bit like one!

By Vent, we mean Buldge.. Hehe. The Vent is seperate - just we (Well, I, anyway) class the whole buldge as the Vent too..