ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet scoops

Clio 172 cup
Will probably get retarded replies on here but....

Does anyone know what is the best adhesive for sticking a bonnet scoop to a bonnet, so it doesnt blow off??

And before anyone asks. No im not fitting a impreza/pulsar bonnet scoop to the clio

Listerine & Poledo
what are you fitting to what then?

But if it's a proper scoop, and not just a "cosmetic enhancement" then are there not some sort of mountings?

Clio 172 cup
No its a functional carbon fibre jobby

Basically, i have to cut the hole out the bonnet and stick the scoop over the top

Clio 172 cup
Its just for my gt turbo track car mate, doesnt have to look blended in, just want something strong to stick it on with

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Q-bond! Naughty stuff? Sprinkle the power around the hole, put the glue on the scoop, then press them together and enjoy :)

I've heard of a hole in a breather pipe? Being filled by qbonding a pound coin to it lol, mod and a half!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If its for the Track car and there is no need to look 'Pretty' Why not just drill a few small holes through the Scoop and bonnet Skin and Rivit it on?

Its not going to shift then.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
58%20Bonnet%20scoop%20side.jpg

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Best securing it with rivets if it's on a track car. Just remember it needs to be kept out of heavy rain if the car isn't being used or it Will let loads of water into the engine bay. I had one on a fiat a few years ago