ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boombastic Coilovers...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I don't think they'll fit mate, yours would be the same fitment as mine. The seller has just added a little chart to show how adjustable they, fronts 180mm to 210mm and back 15mm to 30mm. hah, that must be a typo!

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  White Evo V
So what car are they for?? Lol, maybe he just doesn't know what hes talking about like most eBay sellers!?

Yeah 180-210mm can't be right! Rofl!!

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  172 cup
they look as good as the k-tec option if not better judging by the picture, how they perform is another story . . . for that price id be cautious. Sportlines nearly cost that

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
I'll tell you how they fit when i get them fitted to my Clio RS172.
i did some research and they should fit, seller has offered me a full money back refund if they dont however.
Ive been in VDub Circles for years and Raceland have a pretty good reputation.
From the research i did lots of Mk4 golf owners have these fitted in the USA and have posted very favourable results over on VWVortex.
Bottom line is my rear shock is knackered and for the money if they last 2 years ill be happy.
Quality of the welds and overall finish is very very good and ive owned loads of cars and fitted loads of coilovers in my time.

Cheers Pete.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
id have a set tommorrow if I didnt plan on using my car on the track but I do so its a no no for me

I plan on using mine on the track too, all my cars are.
Id prefer to have a kit thats new and been TUV approved than a set of tired old suspension when i go back to Germany this year.

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  172 cup
and in the pictures they look better quality then some. Any actuall pics tandino? any idea on spring rates?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
and in the pictures they look better quality then some. Any actuall pics tandino? any idea on spring rates?

Not measured spring rates,
Ill get some pictures of my cheap and tacky coilovers in due course.
Cant see them being any worse the Ktec or FK's to be honest and thats at a fraction of the price.
Worst case scenario i can split the front bodies open and replace with an insert and still be better off.......

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
Not measured spring rates,
Ill get some pictures of my cheap and tacky coilovers in due course.

Have you received them yet or still awaiting delivery? Could you post some pics when you get them as the ones on the Ebay advert arent exactly amazing.

I look forward to seeing these fitted. What are you currently running at the moment for comparison. Standard setup?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  440i + 182
they look as good as the k-tec option if not better judging by the picture, how they perform is another story . . . for that price id be cautious. Sportlines nearly cost that

they look very simular indeed, same as the fronts from the vmaxx and weitecs as well.. different name same factory?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
As promised pictures:-
They owe me 165 quid delivered.
Now tell me that they are worse quality than anything available for under 400 quid:cool:...
TUV paperwork is the Red Sheel, made in Austria.
Camber adjustable.
3 spanners, cant complain!.

DSCF0005.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Nissan 350z
So these will be replacing your standard 172 suspension or are you running anything at the moment like Sportlines?

Im very interested to see how these perform after fitting :)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
So these will be replacing your standard 172 suspension or are you running anything at the moment like Sportlines?

Im very interested to see how these perform after fitting :)

totally stock atm including a knocking rear OS damper:eek:

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
I dont actually mean they will just fall apart, I just mean I cant see them being great on track

We'll they're better than what was on there in terms of slightly firmer damping,obviously i if i can be bothered i could get the thing corner weighted which a stock set up will not let me do so another positive there....
Coilovers are not the make or break component that will make a good track car or a crap one, plenty of other factors too.
Ok they lack damping adjustability but after a drive this afternoon things feel pretty damn good.
And i wouldn't want a track set up, this afterall is a daily driver, in my experience once you start to make a car focused purely for the track it becomes crap on the road.
This will hopefully cope fine with the odd UK circuit day and going over to the Nordschleife a couple of times a year, if it does that then im happy.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Mine came today also, getting them fitted next week sometime.

I bought them as my front shocks have gone so it was a cheap replacement instead of getting standard shocks and springs from renault for much more £££. Im not expecting them to be as good as your top of the range coilovers but for £160 (what i paid deliverd) if they are crap its not exactly alot of money to lose. I know the bloke that supplies them from when he sponsored my old car he will do them for £160 each deliverd.

Raceland the company that make them have been supplying the saxo and golf boys for years and have not heard of any horror story's, more praise then anything. I even had a set on my saxo and they were awsome for the price. I'm not gettin them for track use just everyday id like to state.

Ill get pics up when mine are done, but im looking forward to them.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my shocks are nakered also but im not convinced. just picked up a set of rears for £50 second hand, that are about 2 months old. i'l keep an eye out for a set of fronts that come up for sale.

i was initially tempted as the thought of having new shocks and a lower car for £160ish appeals to me, however, i dont want to ruin the handling im guessing that for the price these are (i may be wrong) the handling on standard (good condtion) shocks is going to be better for the road. I'd love to hear someone in the know's opinion of these mind, as thats cheap as chips for a set of coilovers, more so if they are indeed the same ones used / sold by ktec etc.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Coilovers are not the make or break component that will make a good track car.....

i agree with part of that, but, they can make a car that handles well, and is predictable etc into something that handles woefully and understeers / oversteers and generally handles like s**t. not saying these will but, for the price its what you'd expect.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Agree with your theory but you never know do you until fitted and tested, they are all propley made by the same company then re-branded.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  PH2 RS 172 Forsale
Well i only live in warmley bristol so when done you can see for yourself, and not a clue but could do some research.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yeh be interested to have a nose if you didnt mind? be interesting comparing the two....

will have a look about now see what i can find out.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  White Evo V
My brother is big into the VW and euro scene and he told me that for the VW's Raceland, FK and Vmaxx coilovers are all made in the same factory just stickered up different. You just pay different prices for the name they have stamped into them! So if these are the same then they are identical to the Vmaxx and FK coilovers which are circa £400! Bargain IMO!!!!!