ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost Valves.

I have some questions on Boost Valves, as i am thinking in investing in one.

1) Is it true that they increse petrol consumption? If so by how much?

2) What sort of gains will i get?

3) Does it need to be declared to the insurance company or can you whip it off quikly if needed?

4) How much are they for a valver?

5) Where is the best place to get it and have it fitted? or can i fit it easily myself?

6) Are they worth it?

Sorry for all the questions!!

7) After fitting does my care need setting up or tuning?

Cheers,

Kev

Clio 172 cup

A boost valve for your car is a big NO, you can get one if you like but it wont make much difference, As you probably know a boost valve gets more fuel into the engine, but if you want to go faster you need more air (oxygen) to go with it, and a performance air filter is not enough! so quite basically unless your thinking about putting throttle bodies, nitrous or a turbo conversion on your car then spend your money elsewhere. Some people who have had fueling problems on there cars have managed to sort there problem by fitting a BV so it can be useful for some things.

hope this helps,

Raiderman

Adam got a pbv and gained was it 16bhp?
He only had a air filter and exhaust i belive.
I only have a air filter and exhaust and gained bout 6bhp from it.
It does up the fuling, it depends how much by how it is set up. So it will need settin up on a rolling road. Think its bout £90 fot the pbv.

Kev,
Power boost valves can work, but results will be different on different cars. Cant be arsed to give you the details here, so type in power boost valve on the search function below and scroll down to read this and be amazed. You will find my experience of the p.b.v there.

hope this helps

Fell free to ask any Qs afterwards

BMW 320d Sport

Kev, PBV is a bit more serious than just changing the filter element. Id say you do need to declare it to the insurance really cos youll be changing the layout of your fuel lines.

It can help to iron out fuelling problems and once you start to get into serious mods its pretty much essential so you can alter air/fuel ratios etc and override ECU control to a certain degree.

Worth doing if youre planning a lot of mods. Not worth doing if youre just looking at exhaust/filter level of mods.