ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boot always "open"

Clio-V6
My light near the clock is constantly on to say that the boot is open but it sisnt - its closed fine and locks when the alrm is armed.

its so annoying, had to unplug the interior light as it keep that on when driving and with the car locked up too (will drain the battery)

it happened a few months ago - was driving to my mates alarm fitting shop and it was fine when i arrived (typical) and has been until last night.

anyone aware of any problems or easy fixes (i say easy but know it wont be)

grrrrrr

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
I've had the same problem, it was a simple fix, the switch was just broken, couldn't see anything at first sight but on the inside it was broken when I took it out and pressed it I could hear the pieces inside grind. I suggest you take the switch out and check it with an ohm meter.
greetz

Clio-V6
right - cheers

is the switch in the boot lid or the bumper? what annoys me is that it fixed itself a few months back - exact same problem