ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boot lock problem solved

182 ff
my boot hasn't locked for ages, unless you press it in, at the same time as pressing the key.. I thought I would take a look. the fault was the rubber stopper, behind the black cog..it had worn down.. I contacted Renault they wanted £50..you have to buy the full assembly ,not just the cogs and the motor unit.. i thought i would pop in local scrap yard, before going to Renault,the scrap yard had a clio 2002 in..it was on top of another car..and the boot was locked. i climbed up,got in the back,opened the boot, the car was rocking ha .i took the panel off,and took the motor cog thing off. bought it for a £1. i when home and fitted it,to my amazement it worked..

renault clio 1.4 16v
they dont fail all the time, its one of those things that almost every clio owner has to do... like faulty hazard light switches and bad connections on the rear clusters...