ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot net

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
can someone who has one tell me how it attaches? I've got 2 hook thingys just behind the seats, but none in the other 2 corners? am i missing a trick here?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i must be missign them, as i've got 2 holes where it looks like some screws should be

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
do us a favour and take a pic of where the hooks are? me love u long time big al

182 Trophy 019/500
Found this pic on the forum

27833845-M.jpg

If you want a picture of the loops that it hooks onto then i can go and take a picture if you want.

I had to buy the hooks and bolts for the boot side as the PhQuick 172s dont come with them.

I've now sold the net though, so they're bolted in doing nothing lol

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've got a boot net. Didn't get it out of the bag for the first 9 months of ownership. Tried it out, decided it's pants, took it back out. It now lives back in it's plastic bag.

Eh?
What a tosser I am - for a year I've been attaching the rear-most bootnet hooks to those vertical plastic bars shown in Renaultsports two thumbnailed pics above.
Just been out to check (182) and there they are - virgin metal loops hidden away.

Clart - you might want to use those plastic bars....worked for me for a year ;) :eek:

Hmmm....just checked Mrs yee_har's '06 Campus Sport and it doesn't have the metal loops. Oh well, she doesn't have a net anyway.

106 GTi
I had never noticed the tucked away loops on mine either, but saying that, my boot net is still in the plastic bag that it came in with the car in the cupboard.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
yee_har said:
Eh?
What a tosser I am - for a year I've been attaching the rear-most bootnet hooks to those vertical plastic bars shown in Renaultsports two thumbnailed pics above.
Just been out to check (182) and there they are - virgin metal loops hidden away.

Clart - you might want to use those plastic bars....worked for me for a year ;) :eek:

Yeah i did that for a few weeks to, but the net works alot better on the correct hooks mind.:D

E90
clart got mine for free cos i love him, if he sells it on ebay for 20 quid i'll skin him though.

Boot nets are very useful when attending places like the ring and y and the passenger have a helmet.pack lunch, on track and ring, everything should be nailed down or out of flying range, when you have all the back seats out for less weight, and there is no boot, a boot net prevents yr helmet/packed lunches from rolling about.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Day said:
So where did mine come from? :S

Thought they were yours - obviously not lol

They were mine! :rolleyes:

Theres a red mk2 172 going round without them somewhere now... :p

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Can you someone tell me the part number of the boot net hooks for either side to the tail lights on a ph 1 172.
Thanks. Jinks420.

Clart said:
they only sell them with the boot trim mate - they're about £20 f**kin rip off

incorrect... i bought the hooks on their own from Renault. I had to look up the part numbers myself first though, and tell them what they were.

From memory they were about £5.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I asked in the Renault dealership how much they are and they said about £31 - what a rip off!