ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot not locking with central locking

172 CUP
Ok so I first started noticing that this was happening on Saturday, I press the central locking button and the doors lock but the boot didn't so I opened and closed it a few times and then it would lock, I had to do the same on Sunday and Mon but then today it wouldn't lock at all not even after opening and closing the boot a few times. If I press the central locking and then open the boot it starts to beep so it has sensed the boot opening but I'm a bit confused as to why it doesn't lock, anyone got any ideas? Also when sitting in the car if you press the lock button the boot still doesn't lock

Cheers

BG 182 FF
Sounds like the solonoid (motor) in the boot lock mechanism is on it's way out. Mine does the same occasionally.

Greasing the cogs up may help. You can buy a new assembly from Renault for about £50 or the motors can be picked up seperately on Ebay for about £15.