ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot wont open :'(

Titanium 182
Hey im new here so hihi ^___^

Anyway i bought my second car the other week 55reg 1.4 16v clio dynamique 3 dr and its all fine apart from the boot wont open, Its got remote central locking and when you open the doors the boot just wont budge you cant push the button in.

I have tried messing with the central locking button inside the car i have also tried with both my remote keys in case the battery in one was low but to no avail :(.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, Its still under warranty and its booked in for next thursday but would rather not send it in if i don't have to because they said they might need to keep it overnight if it needs new parts and i have going to Leeds on the train in a morning for work -_-

Many Thanks ^___^

//James

CB600FS
Fold down the back seats
Clamber over the back seats into the boot with a small screwy
Where the latch is, you'll see a small white tag in the middle
Using the screwdriver flick it up whilst gently pushing the boot open
Get out
Take the T20 out of the boot trim, pull the trim off
Now you'll see the solenoid thats more than likely failed in the tailgate
Pull the block plug off, now with a Test light/multimeter, plip the central locking to see if your getting 12V, chances are you will, if you do, replace the boot locking solenoid.

Its a common fault.

Titanium 182
Ok thanks a lot ^__^

Btw sorry if this was posted before i couldn't see it, If it is what you say and something needs replacing i might just leave it till thursday for renault to sort out. Probably a good idea because i don't have a clue what a solenoid is :S

Anyway

Thanks!

//James

Clio Campus / CRX 16v
They really should carry this item as stock, if this is the fault of course.

I think it is likely that they will, in which case they are just pre-warning you that if it isn't somethiing common, they may need to keep it over.

Or, try and book it as a waiting job for confirmation of the boot lock solenoid being faulty. If they can confirm it, then you can re-book it at a more suitable time...

clio sport 172
ive got the same problem in my clio whats the part called and where would i get it from and how much is it going to sting me for thanks