ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot won't Unlock :(

Honda civic ep2 05
Ok driving clio 05 1.2 16v dynamique, basically my girlfriend decided to "play" with my central locking button in my car today when we where away on a "wee trip" with loads in the boot:rolleyes:.

Basically my boot is locked shut and cannot open it.

I thought she blew a fuse so i checked them and all of them fine then i was like sh1t she messed up my locking mechanism on the boot. :(

Never tryed to open from inside as have lots in the boot some which cannot be taken out through the car easily.

After a search i found this

"Common problem mate - You can climb in the boot and open it with a flat head screwdriver - I needed to replace the locking mechanism behind the trim as the solenoid had went"

Anyone dumb this down for me or suggest what i should do, should i remove the trim and have a look? what should i look for?

Thanks
Adam

if you take off the boot trim there should be a metal arm which runs down to the boot latch... if you pull that you should be able to manually open it

Honda civic ep2 05
Yes was able to manually open it, boot now emptied :) lol

Now what do i actually need to get is the lock mechanism in the boot lid or below the metal arm.

I cant push in the boot unlock bottom (diamond) even when i use screw driver to manually open it. and as soon as i close boot again it locks.

So do i need to remove rear diamond lock ~(boot lid) and buy one of those? or the metal arm lock thing in the boot.

Planning on going to car parts place have a look see if i can find one but need to no what i need and dont want to take mine out as boot prob wont close down at all with it out.

Thanks
Adam

Gal

A Clee O
Nah you need a boot release solenoid (sp).

I had same problem. Its the white thing that the rod attaches to.

I have a spare here that I picked up at the weekend. Easy to change - 5 minute job just need a T20 screwdriver.

I can take a picture of it if you like.

Can probably package it up and send it to you if you have no luck finding another one for a price of course ;)

Gal

A Clee O
IMG_0095.jpg

Honda civic ep2 05
Thanks for pic mate, i take it that is found in the boot lid but removing the lock etc?

Will go for a look at car parts place in 15 mins or so and if cant get one will give you shout.
Thanks
Adam

Gal

A Clee O
nah remove the interior trim from the bootlid and it should be just behind where the diamond sits.

Skoda Fabia vRS
the button thats in the diamond comes with the mechanism aswell

8200 060 917 £39.94+vat

most dealers will have them in stock

Full Fat 182
Brun is that the Renault code? Sunwin Derby quoted me £120+ for the full mechanism as they didn't do just the solenoid? Do I take it then that once again they've tried to fob me off with drivle? Needless to say I didn't bother, and have had an un-useable boot since Christmas