ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boris' First Track Day As a Boosted Bus.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Finally found some time to upload these on the computer...

This was from my first track day (Blyton Park) after doing the megane 225 engine and gearbox conversion so as you can imagine it was a tentative day for me.

A few things to note really:

1 - I probably wouldn't have paid for these photos from the track day as they're not AMAZING... but it's kinda sentimental as it's the first one i've done after the conversion and some are good.
2 - I was taking it fairly steady with it being my first track day after the whole overhaul of pretty much..everything.
3 - The weather was rubbish towards the end of the day but it made for some great power slides. See the video below
4 - I wish i'd cleaned my f**king intercooler! That black jizz stain is peeing me off on the photos hahas
5 - The car went really well, I have some driveshaft rubbing issues, the springs are too soft especially now it's got a heavy old lump up front and I lost my brakes at 100mph so that was fun. Overall a f**king ace shake down for the boosted mobile.
6 - No one and I mean no one looks good in an open faced helmet I look like Yoda but a fat one and i'm not even fat ffs.

I'll be honest, the drive home was quite a humbling feeling knowing that i've done it all in my garage and it got me there and back and thrashed throughout. Enough waffling lets go.

DSC_4895 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_4938 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_4918 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5022 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5013 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5049 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5065 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5022s by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5249 by dann2707, on Flickr

I like this one the most

DSC_5239 by dann2707, on Flickr

And this one the most too

DSC_5275 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5462 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5520 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5461 by dann2707, on Flickr

this one is gash

DSC_5473 by dann2707, on Flickr

I'm not sure what's smoking here but we can worry about that at a later date

DSC_5489 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5521 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5551 by dann2707, on Flickr

DSC_5522 by dann2707, on Flickr

When it was wet

And I just picked a random vid from the day, not showing how fast I am here as i'm taking it steady

Cadwell at the end of the month too..

Cheers for looking

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a great day out - especially with all the work you've done yourself. I quite like a lot of those photos and like you say, the sentimental attachment to them being from the cars' first day out, will add something.

When you mention it has a Meg engine - is it boosted further than OEM in anyway?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a great day out - especially with all the work you've done yourself. I quite like a lot of those photos and like you say, the sentimental attachment to them being from the cars' first day out, will add something.

When you mention it has a Meg engine - is it boosted further than OEM in anyway?
Thanks mate!
It is slightly, it's not properly mapped yet due to issues but it has a big turbo on and bigger injectors so it's capable of 300bhp it just needs to be mapped. Should be great when done!

172 Ph1
Glad you had an enjoyable first track day experience , you going to love cadwell , my first time and it was epic .

Sneaky little link to my day [emoji1303]

Pics